PDA

View Full Version : WOO! Enquiry! Not sure what I need to do

snufflepuff
01-02-2011, 09:51 AM
After being given notice yesterday I have just had a phonecall! They need childcare one day a week starting in April for their little boy who is 9 months old. My current mindee's Mum recommended me :blush: She is coming to visit on Friday so I don't have long to get everything ready.
I haven't shown anyone round since May- and I have forgotten what I need to do!
I have a welcome pack ready for her to take away, policies all up to date, portfolio with a couple of references, ofsted report, certificate, insurances etc. A yearly RA reivew is due in March but i'll get it done before this parent comes just incase. I have copies of contracts and so on that she can look at.
House needs a quick clean and tidy, will have to do that Thursday night/ Friday morning.
Is there anything I have forgotten?
:panic:
Also, do you think it's ok to ask my current mindees Mum if I can show this lady her LOs LJ? They are friends so i'm sure she would be fine with it. Should I get her to sign something to say it is ok for me to share it with her?

mrs_scottydog
01-02-2011, 11:49 AM
It sounds to me like you've got everything covered! I always find though that the parents rarely want to see the paperwork and I just give them a sheet with all my basic information on. I always make sure that my house is clean and tidy and I have a list of questions that I like to ask as I always forget them while they're here.
If you have written permission to show another child's LJ it should be fine I think. Good luck for Friday. :) Hx

xdirtydancerx
01-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Only ever had one prospective parent want to look at paperwork! But if you have it to hand they can make their own choice. I think they mainly like to meet the childminder to see if they warm to them. And well done you on finding another lo so soon :thumbsup: Good luck

MaryMary
01-02-2011, 02:51 PM
I know what you mean about being out of practice! All my mindees have been toddlers upwards, so I was a bit surprised when I have had 2 different prospective babies & mums visit in a week :clapping: I am just waiting to hear back from them now :)

It looks like you have it all sorted - a lot more organised than me :blush:

Good luck :thumbsup:

snufflepuff
01-02-2011, 03:13 PM
and I have a list of questions that I like to ask as I always forget them while they're here.

Do you mind me asking what sort of things you ask?

Only ever had one prospective parent want to look at paperwork! But if you have it to hand they can make their own choice.

Nobody has ever wanted to see mine either- but this one is a teacher so I thought i'd best be prepared as she will proably know her stuff, hehe!

xdirtydancerx
01-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Nobody has ever wanted to see mine either- but this one is a teacher so I thought i'd best be prepared as she will proably know her stuff, hehe!

Ooo definitely :thumbsup: