PDA

View Full Version : Selling our car, what to replace it with?

snufflepuff
01-02-2011, 09:12 AM
After finding out my income is going to be cut in half we have decided we need to sell our car- it's a peugeot 807 and I never liked it much anyway! It's too expensive to run and i'm nervous driving something so huge. We have no need for 7 seats and won't for a long time as i'm not planning on doing school runs for various reasons until my son is in school himself.

So can anyone reccommend a car that will fit three car seats in the back please? (My son, my current mindee plus the option of hopefully filling my other EYFS space) Also needs to fit my jane powertwin in the boot- but i'm willing to replace the buggy if I really have to.

I think we will have about 3.5K to spend.

Does anyone have a citroen picasso? Does it fit 3 car seats in the back?

Ripeberry
01-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Might be a weird idea, but why not go along to a car showroom/yard and bring the car seats with you and try them in each car that you fancy? That's what I did years ago, when I had to change cars and had two car seats for my own children.
One car I really loved but the car seat did not fit but I did not want to get rid of it as it had been bought by my grandparents for their first great grandchild :D

rickysmiths
01-02-2011, 09:31 AM
I have had Skoda Octavis for 10 years now and I love them. Cheaper than a vw and all Skodas are vws anyway have been for 10yr now.

Mine is sitting on the drive as I type with two Brtiax seats one 0-4yrs and one9mths-4yrs and a nanarnia high backed five point harness booster for 9mth-8yrs all across the back seat and a Britax 123 Evolva in the front seat with thr air bag off. (it isolates with a key in the glove pocket|). Ihave a desiel
and get 45-50mpg around town and 60mpg on a long run.

In the boot at the moment I have a double buggy, a single buggy, various bags and other stuff and I could still easily get the weeks shopping in if I wanted to.

They are fab definately worth a look. Great to drive as well. |Oh and good for insurance. I pay about £250, though I have been driving since the dark ages :laughing:

Newbie1!
01-02-2011, 10:07 AM
I love my Zaffy - we only bought it as I needed the space for minding and I love her to bits, its an older one (2000) but still in really good nick. Its great to have the versatility of extra seats if I need them or a hoooge boot if I need it. The only downside, which I think you have to expect with something of this size, is the petrol consumption. If you are doing lots of trips, school runs etc I would highly recommend a diesel!!

;) ;)

sweets
01-02-2011, 11:59 AM
i have a fiat stilo. its a medium sized car but i can fit 3 seats in the back, one normal 0-4 one and 2 high backed boosters with 5 point harnesses, its a squeeze to get them in and do the seatbelts up but once in they are fine.

i can also get my powertwin in the boot, also if i take the wheels off the powertwin and pop them on top of it then i can get my single pram in too!

linzi133
01-02-2011, 12:50 PM
I have a Citroën c4 grand picas so and I can fit 3 seats in the back 0-4 ones.....not sure if you meant that car but hope it helps