PDA

View Full Version : chinese letters

debbie
31-01-2011, 11:29 PM
hi does anyone know of a site where i can print of the names of the children i look after in chinese. thought this would be nice for them if i was to laminated as well. also need a a4 size rabbit to print of. thanks

xdirtydancerx
31-01-2011, 11:33 PM
hi does anyone know of a site where i can print of the names of the children i look after in chinese. thought this would be nice for them if i was to laminated as well. also need a a4 size rabbit to print of. thanks

There is a link on the multi-cultural activities pages debbie. I think it starts 'Chinese names'

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Cazz
31-01-2011, 11:33 PM
www.chinesenames.org

You find or type in the name and it translates it to Chinese :clapping:

I did this last year and my little mindee loved it. I think I'll do it again - thanks for the reminder :thumbsup:

Marie-louise
01-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks, just had a look and think its a brilliant idea x

angeldelight
01-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Thanks Cazz

Had forgot about this

Angel xx

newandlearning
02-02-2011, 09:39 PM
that's a lovely idea.. am going to stick this on our tangram rabbits xx fab!:)

Cazz
03-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I printed a chinese new year rabbit picture from the activity village site and my 4 year old mindee coloured it in lovely. Then I went on the above website and he typed his name in and converted it to chinese which we printed (had to copy and paste to print).

We stuck the translation on the bottom half of his picture with his name typed in English underneath and he was thrilled! He carried it around with him for the rest of the afternoon and I had to do a photocopy for our Chinese New Year display as he insisted on taking the original home and asked if he could take it to school to show his teacher!

Such a simple idea but a very happy 5 year old mindee! :clapping: