PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got / done a business plan ?

Muckypups
31-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Im finding it very hard to write one for my CYPOP 5 coursework as I have had my childminding business for years and trying to detach myself from it to write a business plan from starting a business is proving very hard

sarah707
31-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I have a mini e-book which is all about business planning.

A few people who are doing that course have said it is very useful :D

Muckypups
31-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks I know what needs to be included its just trying to write it as if i had ever owned my business thats what im finding tricky

jumpinjen
31-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Have you done the SWOT analysis yet? That may help you to try to be more objective... look at what you offer.... limited hours or flexible.... so strength or weakness.... what businesses are in the area... lots of shift workers/hospital/police department/fire stations...... could expanding to overnight care grow your business?? is there a special school or respite care centre close by.... could training with them or doing a course in supporting children with disabilities allow you to attract respite business..... are there new afterschool clubs opening/closing, ditto for pre-schools/nurseries/playgroups.... what are their fees versus what they offer (nappies/meals/trips out etc) this will let you comment on how competetive your rates and inclusions are. Do you have a website.... how visible is your advertising.... could you work on this.... would rebranding make you stand out? uniforms/tee shirts perhaps for you or the children? do you run a group at the children's centre for minders/attend playgroups to have a visible presence there? i hoep some of that helps.... Jen x