PDA

View Full Version : School run assistant!

emile1973
31-01-2011, 04:45 PM
I have two children over 5yrs who come to me afterschool only and they are at the same school.
One of them is having to move house unexpectedly due to family problems and they still desperately need childcare. This child desperately needs continuity and I have found an assistant who could help me.

Would it be allowed for her to collect from one school and myself from the other. The child would only be with her for half an hour at the most/2 days per week and we could meet half way on the way home from school.

This lady is an Ofsted registered nanny. Neither of us will be over our numbers at anytime.

This family really need this to happen asap but I don't want to get their hopes up if Ofsted say no or take a long time etc

What does everyone think??

sarah707
31-01-2011, 06:44 PM
She must have a first aid certificate.

Ofsted must approve her as your assistant.

She must be on your Ofsted certificate as having permission to be alone with children for short periods of time.

You must have written permission from parents.

She must have insurance on any car she uses.

I am not sure what to do about childminding insurance - I'd call Morton Michel for advice on that one.

Otherwise she is employed directly by the family to deliver the child to your house and paid by them, so it's nothing to do with you.

Hth :D

emile1973
31-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey Sarah

Thankyou.
I called Ofsted and they were quite vague really but it was after 6pm He said that all I can do is fill in the form and hope it comes back quickly. I do feel that the families circumstances are extreme but he said just fill out the form.

I might phone them again tomorrow as I read on here that someone got theirs sorted out over the phone! I would hate to have to say I cant help this family!