PDA

View Full Version : Help and advice please

keeks
31-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone! I have got two days a week when I have got two sleepers on the same day. I am wondering how you all manage that.

My 10 month old mindee sleeps at 10am and around 3.30pm. He is used to being put to bed in a dark, quiet room and likes having his back rubbed as he goes to sleep. The other boy who starts on Thursday is 13 months. He sleeps after lunch, around 1pm.

I am thinking the only thing I can do is to put both cots in the quiet room and hope that the 13 month old can play quietly in the cot while I put the 10 month old down. The other option is to strap the 13 month old in the high chair and give him some toys and leave that chair in the doorway of the bedroom with the door open so he still is in the room with us. Any better suggestions?

The other thing I wanted to ask you guys was about their packed lunches. When parents tell us how to heat the food, are we still supposed to use a thermometer to ensure it is safe to eat?

I had more questions but I have forgotten now! I am all over the place trying to make a routine that works. :D

xx

sarah707
31-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I am lucky I have separate rooms to put them in - one in the buggy on lie flat and one on the sofa bed.

I have one child who prefers a big floor cushion and another who sleeps on the travel cot mattress.

For the food - yes, probe it to 75c minimum :D

jumpinjen
31-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Could you put 13 mo old in a buggy in the hall where you can see out of the downstairs room whilst 10 mo old goes to sleep.... it may be practical to wean 10mo old off needing to have his back rubbed as you now have two to mind. the 4 mo old I had needed to be rocked to sleep but i had to wean her off it as i couldn't spend 30 mins with her every time she needed to sleep!

jen x

Vickster
31-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Can you put a short programme on the TV and strap one into the buggy in front of it whilst you settle the other (sounds awful, but may distract them). I have to put my 10 month old to sleep before my 20 month old as he shouts so much it disturbs her. My daughter will however watch Show me Show me and have some warm milk whilst I settle the 10 month old, then I settle her, well that is it how it works for my anyway (at the moment)

keeks
07-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Thanks for your advice everyone. I will try to get him used to not having his back rubbed. At the moment he has got a cold so I have been carrying on rubbing as he has been so under the weather. When he gets better I will try to get him used to me just standing there, then hopefully he can go to sleep without me.

I am all on one floor, so don't have to worry about downstairs/upstairs luckily.

Thanks again for sharing your ideas!

xxx