PDA

View Full Version : What do i do with this situation?

Tinglesnark
31-01-2011, 03:04 PM
I have had 2 enquiries.

1. the twins - mother enquired but never replied until she had spoken to all the other CMs in the area.
17hours per week @ £110.00

2. the 6 month old baby - they are perfect! I adore the baby and mum was ace! Only trouble is that i'v not heard back yet and we met on friday where she was really keen...not that keen apparently...
that is 32 hours per week @ £112.00

Not much difference in price - huge difference in hours

BUT ive offered first refusal to mum of the baby (number 2)

should i mention this fact to mum of twins (number 1) ? im about to send a messege back?

thanks!

oakie dokie
31-01-2011, 04:02 PM
i would offer to whoever replied 1st.

tashaleee
31-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I wouldnt mention it no.... if you do then twins mum may go elsewhere and baby's mum may not use you anyway so you loose out totally that way :thumbsup:

Minstrel
31-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I would say you've had interest from others in the space. Only because i think it sounds weird if you ask someone if they've reached a decision yet...and then go on to say 'sorry it's already gone'.

Tinglesnark
31-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks, i replied without mentioning the interest. I have offered a meeting for friday morning which should give plenty of time for the mum with the baby to get back to me. If she does then it is a no brainer for me as one 6 month old would fit in with us perfectly. He would slot in to DS2s "space" when he goes to playschool BUT i wont turn down the twins unless i know that the other is a no go. That will have to be a trial basis because i am unsure how i would manage it logistically, as i mentioned in a previous thread.
Fingers crossed one of thm comes up trumps anyway! thanks for the replies :D

Hebs
31-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Sorry but i think your own child always counts in your numbers, or have i read it wrong?

~Chelle~
31-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I would probably send the mum of the baby a message by Wednesday if you havent heard from her, saying that you have had another enquiry and ask if she requires your services.

At least then you will know the score by Friday and can let the twins mum know either way.

I know the mum with the twins has obviously realised two things:

1: Finding a space round here is hard, finding spaces for Twins is even harder!

2: What you quoted her was reasonable and she should be thankful that you dont charge what half of the childminders round here would for the amount of time that they are with you, because they are taking up 2 full time spaces and she should think herself lucky that you are not charging her for these.

Good luck hun, fingers crossed that you get the baby. I know it will be nice for you with C starting school and O starting playschool, a baby will fit in nicely :clapping:

The Juggler
31-01-2011, 05:29 PM
i would chase up the mum you want most;) friday is not that long - she probably had a busy weekend maybe she is just visitign one more person. Phone her and tell her you've had more enquiries and wanted to check in with her whether she wanted the space before you see anymore parents.

good luck:)

Tinglesnark
31-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Sorry but i think your own child always counts in your numbers, or have i read it wrong?

:laughing:

missed the point completely Hebs

:laughing:

I have already been advised that i can request a variation for new business from Ofsted BY Ofsted for these twins

it is a case of either/or as naturally i cannot have both with my own ds2 who is only 2.

Thanks folks!

Yes Chelle, i am not so sold on th idea of only charging for the hours that she wants. she has told me that she needs

tues: 9 - 4
thurs: 12-5
fri: 12-5

Am i being soft by offering a "pay for what you use" service for something that will cause me quite a bit of grief, logistically? (thats the twins btw)

Hebs
31-01-2011, 06:27 PM
:laughing: :laughing:

sorry i'm not well :blush: