PDA

View Full Version : transporting 3 little people

TinyTinker
31-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I have no issues transporting all my mindees by car, but we do the school run walking......I have my own 14 month old a 16 month old mindee and possibly a 3 month old on the way!

I have 2 double pushchairs, and work with my hubby as assistant, but if there is ever a need for me to take all 3 little ones walking, how can I transport them?

I have looked at triple buggies and they are way too wide for the pavements we have to walk along (just about fit my double side by side on one of them).

I wondered about carrying the youngest in a sling, but thought, he won't be small/light for long!:D

Any other ideas - or should I not take him on? BTW it is only going to be occasional care now and 3 days in september.

snufflepuff
31-01-2011, 01:57 PM
I use a buggy board that the child can sit on (litaf seat to go) would your 16 month old sit on one of those? Back in the summer I had a 12 month old, 16 month old and 17 month old- both the 16 and 17 month old could use the board. We still use it now. Wouldn't want to use it for long journeys or every day though, it becomes very heavy to push!

Rmead
31-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Some slings are really sturdy and supportive, I still carry my daughter in one at 11 months easily. And she's 24 lbs plus. You just need a structured one, with clips is best. Other than that buggy board with seat sounds good. I was wondering same if I get a young one once my daughter is 1.

mum2two
31-01-2011, 05:57 PM
I've got a moby wrap, and although they take a little practice, I can still carry DD at 16 months. (Ok she's only a diddy 19lb... but I struggled to carry either of my others at even a couple of months with other slings!)

x

onceinabluemoon
31-01-2011, 06:06 PM
or you could invest in a 2 tier triple like the ABC Everest. Cost a fortune new but second hand ones come up on ebay sometimes

aly
31-01-2011, 06:31 PM
my friend has this 'problem'..her ds is 13 months, her mindee is 18 mths and she taking on a little one this week, she doesnt drive but has recently decided to buy a bibbi strolli...it looks fab, its like a bike seat with handle tht is attached to the double buggy...The other problem she has is that her path from her house to the end of the road is only wide enough for the double buggy so couldnt have one of those side on seat things so this one is fab as the extra child will sit where she would push etc .

margaret
31-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Short term ,you could use sling ,and when to heavy get older child to walk or stand on buggy board.

I was going to buy an ABC Everest,but was informed by insurance company after making inquiries ,that as toddler seat doesnt conform to British Safety standards,hence buggy not sold in uk ,childminders would not be covered if there was an accident,