PDA

View Full Version : Looking unlikely that I will file tax return in time.

button68
30-01-2011, 11:48 PM
So......

If I have nothing to pay will I still get a fine? :(

MrAnchovy
31-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Yes, but you may be able to appeal it. Why can't you file the return?

button68
31-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Mr Buttons has done it for me in the past, I dont even know my N.I. number. I thought he'd be home over the weekend :(

I have done my books and have the numbers but don't know how do submit it :panic:

~Chelle~
31-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Yes hun, sorry, it is a fine of £100 for not filing or not paying by the 31st January :(

Pauline
31-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Mr Buttons has done it for me in the past, I dont even know my N.I. number. I thought he'd be home over the weekend :(

I have done my books and have the numbers but don't know how do submit it :panic:

Do you have your log in details? if you can log in and make a start there are help options along the way in each section. Go on, you can do it! :clapping: At least you can say you tried. :thumbsup:

jumpinjen
31-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Don't worry about it too much.... I had one last year, and had letter after letter about it, but had given my finance stuff to an accountant (first year i did) and she filed it online for me about April time and I didn't have the fine enforced so try not to panic!

jen x

rachelle
31-01-2011, 11:48 AM
phone them and explain you lost NI number - this is at the top of tax credit letters too I think. If you have your log in details I don't think you need your NI number, I can't remember putting mine in...

button68
31-01-2011, 01:08 PM
I've admitted defeat and have accepted I am not going to make a return today.

I have found everything except my User I.D. this could be emailed to me EXCEPT Mr Button made a typo (put an extra 'n' in my name) when registering me in 2009 :angry: so the email they have doesn't exist and can't be changed by them only by me....... when I log, which I can't do as I don't have my User I.D.

I have just spoken to a person on the helpline who tells me I will be fined £100 but when I file my return with nothing to pay the fine will be removed - don't know if it is true.

Goatgirl
31-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi :),
I'm in a similar boat to you: can't find anything with any id or password on, though i must have had them at some point and i've not been sent anything this year with my UTR on, so I can't even re register!
I was told by the helpline that I can send off for new numbers etc and should then appeal the fine once i've done the return.

If you have a name, I'd write it down now, along with what was said and the date time etc, so you can quote when you appeal, if you need to :thumbsup:

So going to file everything for this year in April. Just not worth the stress!!

bws,
Wendy :)