PDA

View Full Version : I'm panicing a bit already and i've only been minding for 7 weeks.

mr man
30-01-2011, 10:08 PM
as i say above, i've got loads going through my mind and I can't seem to focus. I think ive gone into panic mode because my mind has gone blank.

I'm worried I dont have enough paper work (espically to warrent a 4 and hald hour visit) , i've mentioned this before and got advice which was great, and ive used it, but the LJs and the cleaning checks, the RAs , well probably jsut about everything.

Ive read a thread about others who use a daily diary to check everything, saving on paper. I love the idea and worried now that I havent started this, So this is on my 'to do list'. starting tomorrow :D

My Ras are not great either, I know we need them but dont you think sometimes they are a little tedious. Its seeming like I am writing like an idiot to an idiot ( iykwim). its common sense.
plus , although we have been shopping, and to the park plus out of scooters ive not actually RAed it on paper. :panic: :panic: :blush: . like i said my mind has gone blank. Am I crackers, and i'm Questioning if I can actually do this, I mean in know I can do the job, its the dam paperwork. I am NO GOOD AT ALL.

Ive had a lo who was my first mindee, jsut before xmas. I'm settling well with him ,and he loves coming here which is great. But although I have done 3 obs about him, i havent started a Lj or done any planning :panic: , I have great ideas in my head and we go with the flow, some days he just wants to do his things, (push cars around lol) and other days we'll go out or make something. But no planning. so panic there too :panic: . Then last wk I get notice for him. Gutted. I kind of seen it coming with mum changing job. She is lovely, and so is her ds, but these things happen.
She did say she really didnt want to have to change childcare ( he's going to a fulltime nusery now - :( ) as I could take him to his school in the morning, plus mums job invovles moving house too.

Do I get a riggle on and create this Lj , although we have his pics and some photos in his file, I wont actually have it for Mrs O to see becasue he will take it with him.

I was registered in Oct, and am i right thinking my first inspection will be April :panic: .
But if I dont have any EYFS children do they still come out. As one leaves end of Feb, and the other one I have is only temp for 6 weeks, while mum is on placement. So if I dont get anymore then I wont have any when they are due.

I'm feeling its a shame that we put all hard work into the children we look after to have fun and learn, then we need to write it all down, just to prove it, and then panic over the inspections. its all seeming too much, when shouldn't our focus be on the childrens nd not over paperwork or Ofsted. (I do think the panic over Ofsted is truley because of their piccyness (spl) when really they should they jsut be advising rather than criticising. Or am I getting the wrong vibe of it all).

Ive never met or known of a DO either.
Do we all have one ?

Zoomie
30-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Relax, breath and relax again.

I would carry on with the LJs - just make a copy for yourself before you hand it over.

And really I wouldn't worry too much about the rest. Add it to your to do list and then sit down and enjoy the children.

blue bear
31-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Bless you can only do so much, at least start your learning journey if you can, nothing too fancy, pictures/ photos and dates. Ideally you need to link it to an area of learning but if that seems too much at the moment put it on a training need list for now.

Planning is exactly what you are doing just need to write it down, get a pieced of paper and write a table with childrens name and days of the week, note something each day for each child you would like to extend( really enjoyed trains, going to get them out tomorrow ) you are doing this already you just need to get the thought onto paper.

Start with baby steps and build from there other wise it will just be too much and you end up doing nothing!

mr man
31-01-2011, 09:36 AM
oh thank you so much, i am going to get myslef sorted this week and be more focused. Fingers crossed.

its jsut so overwelming at times, :panic: but im sure i will get there, so so gald ive joined here. its so reassuring and undoubtably the best help ever. Thanks

francinejayne
31-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I felt exactly the same as you! I used to wake at 3am with it all going round in my head, so I wrote a 'to do' list, and then bit by bit I worked on it.

When I eventually had my inspection I had cracked most things, other than planning (which I still haven't got my head around!) and I told the inspector this - I got a Good despite my planning!!!

I would start with a few small things from your to do list then you can cross some off, it feels better to have accomplished something! Then work on the bigger things. You'll find it will all come together.

And no, I don't have a DO either?!?!