PDA

View Full Version : Rash

Straws
18-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi all
I'm looking after a baby, the other day baby turned up with a slight rash on face mum said its nothing to worry about, baby gets it when teething. I just noted it down in the daily diary. Have I done right by making a note or did I need not to record it at all????

Straws xx

deeb66
18-04-2008, 03:50 PM
There is a good chance that is exactly what mumk says it is.

I would keep an eye on it and if it gets worse get mum to take to the doctor to have it checked.

I wouldn't document at this stage.

I hope you don't mind but I moved this from Starting Childminding & Pre-Reg section :)

angeldelight
19-04-2008, 11:25 AM
I agree with Dee

Good luck hope baby is ok and it was just teething

Angel xx

Hellsbells
19-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Just be a bit careful with this - my 15 month old son started with a 'teething rash' (just pink patches on his cheeks and top lip) and ended up with full impetigo. 5 months later its now not infectious but very nasty...resulting into a referral to a dermatologist.

Don't mean to worry you (it's probably nothing) but just keep a close eye on it - you don't want in epedemic as its a nightmare to get rid of! :(

sarah707
19-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Do you have an 'onset of illness' form? I would write up one and ask mum to sign it... then she knows you have noticed... you know you have told her and there cannot be any misunderstandings at a later date. :D

miffy
20-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Do you have an 'onset of illness' form? I would write up one and ask mum to sign it... then she knows you have noticed... you know you have told her and there cannot be any misunderstandings at a later date. :D

Oooooo I haven't got one of those Sarah - is that another piece of paperwork I need :eek:

miffy xx

sarah707
20-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Mine combines - Accidents / Onset of illnesses / Incidents on one form... I just cross off which one isn't relevant.

I find it useful for if a child has turned unwell while they are with me. Here's mine - sure I've posted it somewhere before but blowed if I can find it now :rolleyes:

Alibali
20-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Nothing wrong with keeping yourself safe. It it's nothing then you've used some ink for nothing, however as I've just had a child with ? impetigo I would say better safe than sorry.

Ali :)