PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Care

LittleStar's
30-01-2011, 08:38 PM
I have been asked to provide overnight care for a 4yr old boy that i look after as a one off, I am ok with this and have the relevant forms from Ofsted to fill out.
Am just doing a policy and RA for it.

Just wondering if it would be ok to have him sleeping downstairs????

My daughter does have bunk beds but I would rather they didn't share a room , not even sure if they are allowed to.

I have a sofa bed in my playroom which is directly under my bedroom, there is a downstairs loo next to the playroom and I have a baby monitor that i can use. Do you think this would be ok????

Thanks Jenna x x

Newbie1!
30-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Hia, Im reg'd to provide overnight care and when Mrs O did my inspection for it all she said was that the child must either be in earshot or be heard via a monitor. I also had to have the Fire Authority out to assess that the room was suitable for a child to sleep in.

All that being said, Mrs O seems to change her mind depending on whether shes having a good day or not so they may tell you something totally different.

I would recommend just giving them a quick call to clarify whether they feel it would be suitable, xx

george
30-01-2011, 09:10 PM
We provide overnight care, and have to have a separate bedroom for childminding children, with bunk beds and risk assessments you need to consider that he may sleep in bottom bunk but when/if he awakes he may try to climb to top bunk and may fall due to been half asleep, this is what ofsted told us during a visit and suggested we have a single bed and a pull out bed if having more than one child and a travel cot if a younger child or baby,

Depending on age of your daughter could she perhaps sleep downstairs on this one off or if possible sleep in with you?

I think you have thought about things properly but if you do plan on letting him sleep downstairs with the sofa bed in the playroom and a baby monitor that you can use I would first check his parents agree and then ask ofsted before doing this has this room is not registered for overnight