PDA

View Full Version : New Fish

kel1983
30-01-2011, 07:34 PM
We had a couple of tropical fish which the children love to watch and feed. so I decided on saturday to go and buy a few more to make the tank look fuller.

Well got up this morning checked on the fish and spotted a baby fish :eek:

Then spotted a couple more.

So have been out and bought a breeding trap to keep them away from the big fish. Well this evening we have 9 baby fish in the trap and still can see 3 more swimming around in the main tank which are just too fast to be caught.

I think the children are going to love watching the fish now. The breeding trap is placed right at the front of the tank so they can watch them. I hope they servive. The children will be able to watch them grow and develope. :clapping:

sweets
30-01-2011, 07:38 PM
wow thats brill! hope they all survive. what kind are they?

i used to have tropical fish but gave them away when i moved house.

would love to set up an aquarium speccially as there are some lovely ones now. i love the orb ones but would be scared of little people knocking it over :panic:

Blackcat
30-01-2011, 07:38 PM
yay i have fish tooo

kel1983
30-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Dalmation Mollies. Lovely fish. Only really wanted 2 though. Not 12 :eek:

Sweets I like the look of the Orb but would also be scared it would tip over.

We removed the fire place in our dining room and our fish tank fits just right in the gap. Just at the right hight for the little ones.

Blackcat
30-01-2011, 07:47 PM
in one tank i have 3 silver sharks , two silver dollers, 3 catfish and a massive plec
and in the other i have 4 red bellies

sweets
30-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Dalmation Mollies. Lovely fish. Only really wanted 2 though. Not 12 :eek:

Sweets I like the look of the Orb but would also be scared it would tip over.

We removed the fire place in our dining room and our fish tank fits just right in the gap. Just at the right hight for the little ones.

i used to have dalmation mollies! :thumbsup: also had platties, a catfish who was supposed to be a bottom feeder but he used to flip himself over and feed from the top! also had the tiny ones with the red stripe but can't think what they are called?

have you had a siamese fighter? i tried 3 (not at the same time!) but they never survived long

kel1983
30-01-2011, 08:02 PM
We have one Plec, 5 colourful guppys, 2 adult mollies and another fish which we have inherited and are not sure what it is :)

Ripeberry
30-01-2011, 08:45 PM
wow thats brill! hope they all survive. what kind are they?

i used to have tropical fish but gave them away when i moved house.

would love to set up an aquarium speccially as there are some lovely ones now. i love the orb ones but would be scared of little people knocking it over :panic:

The bio orbs are rubbish for fish!:( I had one last year and it kept killing the fish as the filter although very pretty is useless and the Nitrite levels were always too high, however many water changes you did.

I got an Aquastart 340 pro and it is easier to maintain, looks good and does not kill fish!

sleepingbeauty
30-01-2011, 08:57 PM
That's fantastic, we had 2 angel fish and one day noticed tiny eggs on the side of the filter and slowly but surely they all turned into little angel fish and now we have about 20+ we even gave some to the local garden centre as had too many!:eek: It's been really nice to see them grow. The kids will love it....

kel1983
30-01-2011, 09:43 PM
That's fantastic, we had 2 angel fish and one day noticed tiny eggs on the side of the filter and slowly but surely they all turned into little angel fish and now we have about 20+ we even gave some to the local garden centre as had too many!:eek: It's been really nice to see them grow. The kids will love it....

Wow. I love Angel Fish. I planned to buy them next but hear they are not good with baby fish in the tank. May see how well these babie grow first now.

The Juggler
30-01-2011, 09:53 PM
wow. how exciting. hope they survive honx