PDA

View Full Version : jobcentre :(

smellyellie
30-01-2011, 06:24 PM
HI everyone
Ive taken on a little girl, whilst her mam is doing a 12 week course
through the job centre (think its a back to work thing)
The jobcentre are paying the childcare fees :(
the mother gave me a form to fill in when i started looking after the lo
last week, which needed how many hours n how much it was costing wrote on.
I rang the job centre jus to see if they needed any more info off me
but they wouldn tell me anything didn no what i was talking about, and said they needed to speak to the parent (couldnt talk to me about it)
ive already worked all of last week and hav 11 weeks to go,
i feel like im working for nothing and that im not going to get paid.
Is there anything i can do, i Just would like to no they hav the form i filled in
and that i will be getting paid
thanks

xdirtydancerx
30-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Oh how awful. I once rang tax creds to inform them that a mum i knew was claiming childcare costs through my number even though lo didn't come to me anymore. I wasn't asking for info but he had a right hissy fit at me and said he couldn't discuss it :rolleyes:

flowerpots
30-01-2011, 06:33 PM
i have worked for the job centre in the past hun, they do take a while to pay (3weeks for me) i would get parent to phone and chase it for you. hope you get it soon :rolleyes:

smellyellie
30-01-2011, 06:46 PM
i knew i would have to wait for payment, as long as i no im getting paid i will be relieved lol....its the fact that they wont even speak to me to let me no they hav my form thats bothering me
i think i will try again tomorrow if i dont get no luck i will ask the parent to chase it up (hate ringing them though it costs a small fortune)
ANd they are just damn right rude and ignorant on the phone aswell, makes you feel guilty for ringing

Blackcat
30-01-2011, 07:30 PM
go to the jobcentre if you get a chance

mufftie
30-01-2011, 08:21 PM
it was like this with social services , i had to wait a month - 6 wks sometimes before they would coff up , i also did it for a back to work sceme and they were the same aswel , it seems big organisations are the worst at paying but they do pay in the end

crazyhazy
30-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I done a weeks work for the job centre last year for a parent I'd already childminded for previously, I remember they took a while to pay me but sure it was within 4 weeks of doing the work. They were good when I called to ask though but I'd also been unemployed while setting up my childminding after being made redundant and knew the advisor at the job centre because of that so knew who to ask for etc when I called. Is she a single parent? If so when you call ask to speak to the lone parent advisor and they should be able to help.

balijay
30-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Yes what crazyhazy said - if they are a lone parent it is the lone parent advisor you need to speak to. Be prepared to be persistent - phone every day if necessary until you get paid. They will soon get fed up and pay up (well thats what happened with me :blush: ) :laughing:

buzzy bee
30-01-2011, 09:40 PM
that is awful :( but from past experience I always get payment 1 month in advance and I wouldn't have the child until i'd been paid. sounds harsh but better that than end up out of pocket.

Marshmallow
30-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Yes what crazyhazy said - if they are a lone parent it is the lone parent advisor you need to speak to. Be prepared to be persistent - phone every day if necessary until you get paid. They will soon get fed up and pay up (well thats what happened with me :blush: ) :laughing:

:angry: It took mre 10 weeks to get my money ! :panic: :censored: never again

beccas
31-01-2011, 07:26 PM
we took on a child whose mum doing same course.. job centre sent forms we fill in after 4 weeks send them back to jobcentre and they pay in to bank then do same again after next 4 weeks. we just on 4th week now

Hebs
31-01-2011, 07:31 PM
:angry: It took mre 10 weeks to get my money ! :panic: :censored: never again

DITTO :thumbsup:

i even emailed Downing Street and had a rant and got a reply from them, NEVER EVER EVER again will i work for the job centre :angry:

the happy house
31-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Yep, I had a similar thing when I previously childminded. 4 months it took to get my money - and it was the parent who actually sorted it out for me as I could get nobody to talk to me!

I won't do it again unless they start dloing payments in advance... and I don't think that'll happen anytime soon.