PDA

View Full Version : Help Osfted coming!

cwilcox19
18-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi just wanted to ask if anyone has any tips or advice on the first inspection with Ofsted.

I have tried to get all paperwork together and toys sorted out but there is so much to remember!!

Many Thanks

foxy lady
18-04-2008, 02:40 PM
yer mine coming on monday

i just no i am going to be so nervous that i cant move, forget everything, drop or break anything i touch and prolly talk out of control till she tells me to shut up:laughing:
oh well wish me luck

sarah707
18-04-2008, 02:45 PM
You'll both be fine... just relax and be yourselves! :D

ma7ie
18-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Try not to worry. I had mine on Tuesday and all the things I'd planned to do didn't happen because my daughter had other plans.

She played up the whole time the inspector was here, showing off and being daft and I was so worried. I even put the T.V on for 20 minutes to calm her down.

In the end I just acted like I always do with the children.

What I'm trying to say is be yourself. Get all your paperwork in a pile and plonk it in front of the inspector then get on with playing with the children. She'll ask any questions she needs to know while you're doing this.

good luck. :D

miffy
18-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Good luck to both of you - it won't be anywhere near as bad as you think

miffy xx

ma7ie
18-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Hark at me giving advice :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
18-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Hark at me giving advice :laughing: :laughing:

Well why not?

You're as qualified as anyone else here to do so

miffy xx

ma7ie
18-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Well why not?

You're as qualified as anyone else here to do so

miffy xx

It's just funny because I was panicking last week and wondering what to do on my inspection and now I'm giving advice.:laughing:

deeb66
18-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Good luck to both of you

i am sure that you will be fine.

Just try to relax.

angeldelight
18-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Good luck to you both

Have a look around the forum you will pick up lots of tips

I am sure you will be fine though

Angel xx

bubbly
18-04-2008, 11:19 PM
It seems lots of us have just had or are about to have inspections. Looks like Ofsted are having a blitz before Sept.

Jinx
19-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Get all your paperwork in a pile and plonk it in front of the inspector then get on with playing with the children. She'll ask any questions she needs to know while you're doing this.

good luck. :D

Totally agree. Don't be afraid to ignore the inspector if you are dealing with the children. Give yourself time to think before you answer. They'll be impressed that you're putting the children first.

Good Luck to everyone having an inspection this week.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jinx x