PDA

View Full Version : graco quattro tour duo and galaxy

SamBaker
30-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Morning,

Well this is my shpping list, my question is does any one know if I can get the buggy in the boot of a Galaxy with the seats up? Better check before I start saving my pennies and setting my heart on them...... Oh too late!!:laughing:

Thank you

Louise0208
30-01-2011, 08:06 AM
no idea on car boot ....but have you tested one out with children in?

they are very heavy, i had one when i had my baby & a 20month old......it lasted 2 days :(

my wrists were killing me after the first day :o

SamBaker
30-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Oh really? That's not good, I need something easy to walk home from school with as normally I can only push with one hand! Hmmm back to the drawing board :laughing:

Louise0208
30-01-2011, 08:15 AM
iv found 3 wheelers the easiest to push 1 handed,

phil & teds being the top of my list :) + the added convenience of only needing 1 pram for single & doubles :thumbsup:

SamBaker
30-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Only problem I have with them is the tyres, Where we have to walk to school the tyres get puntured all the time because of the brambles, I had one like it before and almost had to carry it home one day :(

Louise0208
30-01-2011, 08:40 AM
i dont know if it could be done or not but what about filling the tyres with tyre sludge? that puncture fix tyre filler stuff :)

SamBaker
30-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Some one else mentioned that to me the other actually, maybe worth a try

mufftie
30-01-2011, 12:35 PM
go for a 3 wheeler double istead , they last forever arnt as heavy and are so easy to push , i have an out n about nipper 360 and thats my favourite , had it 3 yrs and is still like new and ive just bought the latest fill and teds , twice the price but its no where near as good , only reason bought it as its good as a single and then ive got the option to double up if i need 2 doubles with my assistant

louise
30-01-2011, 08:37 PM
This is the double I have. I haven't had to use it for ages now but did push two 2 year olds no problem. On the way to school I'd have 3 five year olds holding on. It is a bit of a pain to get up kerbs though. If the boot is small i'd say no as it was a pain to fit through my stair gate when it was folded. Its also heavy to lift Oh and no chance of a buggy board. Even though it has its bad point I do love it. Plenty of space for the kids and bag. I liked the handle shape as again more bags can go on and also the kids can hold on.

SamBaker
30-01-2011, 09:08 PM
This is the double I have. I haven't had to use it for ages now but did push two 2 year olds no problem. On the way to school I'd have 3 five year olds holding on. It is a bit of a pain to get up kerbs though. If the boot is small i'd say no as it was a pain to fit through my stair gate when it was folded. Its also heavy to lift Oh and no chance of a buggy board. Even though it has its bad point I do love it. Plenty of space for the kids and bag. I liked the handle shape as again more bags can go on and also the kids can hold on.

Hmmm, was just thinking about getting a board for my own little one, might have to rethink the double buggy, shame cos I really liked it :( Any idea if mothercare will let you test drive them?

solly
30-01-2011, 09:13 PM
I dont know whether it will fit in you Galaxy but i have the Britax B Dual and I love it as it has puncture resistant tyres
I got rid of my phil & teds due to this problem i even tryed the green slime and that didnt work for me

SamBaker
31-01-2011, 10:58 AM
I dont know whether it will fit in you Galaxy but i have the Britax B Dual and I love it as it has puncture resistant tyres
I got rid of my phil & teds due to this problem i even tryed the green slime and that didnt work for me

Oooh thanks Solly, will go and have a look at those:D