PDA

View Full Version : risk assessments?????

Ava's Nana
30-01-2011, 12:20 AM
can anyone tell me how often we should be reveiwing all our risk assessments? :o

cristinatuscanu
30-01-2011, 12:27 AM
The pre-reg inspector told me that once a year is fine or any time that you think you should

pinkbutterfly
30-01-2011, 01:05 AM
I review every time I take on a new child but heard we should as well if something changes or at least annualy (I was told).

sarah707
30-01-2011, 09:34 AM
If it's an outing RA it should be reviewed each time you go on the outing :D

button68
30-01-2011, 10:32 AM
If it's an outing RA it should be reviewed each time you go on the outing :D

Sarah, last night I was reading... "The assessment must be reviewed before embarking on each specific outing" in the Statutory Framework (yes it's a rock'n'roll lifestyle I lead on a Staturday night :rolleyes: )

Surely we can't be expected to do they for every outing, school runs, local parks, shops etc?? Although I can understand reviewing before something like the Zoo or Ferry trip etc

sonia ann
30-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Sarah, last night I was reading... "The assessment must be reviewed before embarking on each specific outing" in the Statutory Framework (yes it's a rock'n'roll lifestyle I lead on a Staturday night :rolleyes: )

Surely we can't be expected to do they for every outing, school runs, local parks, shops etc?? Although I can understand reviewing before something like the Zoo or Ferry trip etc

they don't expect you to do a paper review for trips you do every day..................I think we all do it mentally anyway,eg on a school run I think ok how many children today, do I need reins ,wrist straps, single or double buggy, which car seats do i need, how do i get them all in the car safely, where am i parking in the car park etc i also check first aid kit is where I left it in the car, mobile phone in pocket ..........all the routine things
For specific outings/ day trips eg that don't come under daily routine/ continuous provision I sign and date a copy of my RA for that specific place eg beach, farm etc and review as necessary