PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

buzzy bee
29-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I just have one boy after school on Wednesdays... his mum just texted me to say he won't be here next Weds, as he's playing football, but can he come on Tuesday instead?

I don't currently do a school run on a Tuesday, so I'd just be doing it for him... but then I wouldn't be doing one on the Weds (as it's only him)...

So my question is, do I say yes to her to be kind, or do I say no I can't do the Tuesday?

Thanks!

mushpea
29-01-2011, 09:24 PM
i have to say that rightly or wrongly i base decisions like this on how the parents are,,, I have two sets of parents that I am happy to be flexible for swapping days or like last week she booked an extra day but then didnt need me after all so i didnt charge but they are lovley parents and are happy to be flexible with me too and also work with me on any issues that occur, then I have other parents that arent so accomodating and helpful so these I do charge extra for,,,,, so it really depends on who it is and how I feel at the time,,,
sorry if thats not helpful
i guess you could always say to her that on this occasion you are happy to swap days and not charge the extra day as its a one off but in future you would charge,,, this way you are being flexible and helpful then she might be the same in the future should you need to swap days,

miffy
29-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't do "swops" - if you don't mind doing the Tuesday I would say yes but that will be an extra (whatever you charge) - you might then find mum changes her mind!

Miffy xx

linda2girls
29-01-2011, 09:27 PM
I probably would do it. All my parents are lovely, so I try to be flexible.

mrs_scottydog
29-01-2011, 09:34 PM
I think I'm too flexible, but at the moment with only one 2 yr old pt time and one after school I can be more flexible. Sometimes I swop a Monday morning for Tuesday morning.
It's up to you really but you also need to watch that the parent doesn't start taking you for granted if you decide look after him and charge for just the Tuesday. Hx

The Juggler
29-01-2011, 10:33 PM
i think if he was my only mindee then I'd do the swap as I'd be no worse off for time off (unless you have something prior planned):)

wendywu
29-01-2011, 11:41 PM
I must admit that I do swap days if it swaps in with what I am doing. :)