PDA

View Full Version : Stonebridge ta courses

clio0602
29-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Hiya just wondering if anyone knows anything about the cache teaching assistant courses from stonebridge? There are knowledge based ones that do not require you to be working in school at present which would be great as I am minding at mo but lookin into the future. Do you think at an interview they would accept the award along with voluntary work done at a later date rather than both together? Iykwim Confused about the difference? X

Newbie1!
29-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I've actually done that course chick, all I would say is be a bit careful with it, most schools will ask for an NVQ (or equivalent) after I had done it I called a few schools to see if they would employ someone with the qualification and none if them actually recognised it. I never ended up actually applying for jobs as started minding so I couldn't say that it would or wouldn't get you a job but, as I said, they all seem to prefer more nationally recognised quals. Voluntary experience is a huge huge thing in the school world xx

Blackcat
29-01-2011, 09:44 PM
I have a stonebridge TA CERT and diploma they are accepted they are provided by ASET and they are an equivalent to nvqs

clio0602
29-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Ok Thanks it is certified by CACHE who also do the NVQs so thought it might be more recognised!

Was planning on doing the course this yr and doing volunteering nxt yr when dd at nursery.

Hmm not sure what to do now?! Wouldn't want to waste my time/money but would like to have the option to get interview if a job came up in future

Blackcat
29-01-2011, 10:08 PM
if you do take a course , it will cover you for the childminding nvq3 that will be enforced in a couple of years too

Newbie1!
30-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Sorry, didnt mean not recognised as in not a real qualification more that the schools I spoke to had not actually heard of that type of qualification and asked for the NVQ type as standard. Things are just in the process of changing over in terms of qualifications too so I would recommend before paying anything out that you speak to an adult careers advisor as they can tell you what sort of things will be expected in the next couple of years. xx

Blackcat
30-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Sorry, didnt mean not recognised as in not a real qualification more that the schools I spoke to had not actually heard of that type of qualification and asked for the NVQ type as standard. Things are just in the process of changing over in terms of qualifications too so I would recommend before paying anything out that you speak to an adult careers advisor as they can tell you what sort of things will be expected in the next couple of years. xx

spoke to my development officer and she check up for me and as i am a level 4 TA she said my stonebridge were more than acceptable and above standard than will be needed in the next couple of years for childminding