PDA

View Full Version : Respite???

Newbie1!
29-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Hello all, I wondered if someone could give me a little advice regarding Respite childminding. An old acquaintence of mine used to do it and its something Id really like to do, I just dont know where to start, what to do etc. I asked my lady at the council and she didnt know what I was talking about!! :eek: :rolleyes: Do you have to register with someone or do special training etc? Any advice would be very much appreciated!!! xx

youarewhatyoueat
29-01-2011, 06:09 PM
What county are you in, each county has different requirements.
For me I'm part of the inclusion network, I had to have a level 3 qualification to join. You can also contact ss direct, also any fostering agencies would be happy to have you on emergency books. I also work with the children centres directly and they book me.
Some counties also give the money direct to parents so its up to them to find someone. You could advertise at your local special needs schools or contact them for advice.
But the budget for this type of care haqs been slashed so unlikely anyone is looking until april when the new budget starts.

The Juggler
29-01-2011, 10:35 PM
here we have a department called daycare services that sponsor daycare for respite. it's an offshoot of social services though so maybe try your local ss team?