PDA

View Full Version : Can you do this

welshcake
29-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Ok a little of a rant.

My neighbours have employed a chidlminder to look after their 2 children one 6 one 3. Does not bother me one little bit until their childminder who gave me great concerns with her driving decided to drive onto my drive damage every panel of my car on the passenger side and then drove a speed cos she put her foot on the wrong pedal into my fence and mount YES MOUNT the car that was parked the other side of the fence:angry:

This obviously has caused me some stress, however it appears that she had the little girl in the car at the time of the accident and is only covered for social domestic and pleasure therefore her insurance is invalid and she was driving on a NL licence when she has been in the country for 2 years.:angry:

Then it would appear she is not registered as a childminder :angry:

Luckily her insurance have been fab they have given me a ford S Max to use and taken my car away for repair which will be about 3 weeks.

What annoys me is i am struggling to fill places just no work anywhere the child i do have is a friends and they said dont go thru all the trouble and money of getting registered etc etc we will just pay you cash, I am professional and felt that wrong so have become registered paid and am paying a fortune for insurance etc etc.

While she has not registered does not have insurance and is minding children for cash surely this is against the law ?

What are the rules ? can she do this ?

Again sorry to come over jealous and angry but I am a single mum of 3 and hardly make enough to shout home about :crying:

The Juggler
29-01-2011, 08:55 AM
firstly I'm glad your car is being fixed, you have a replacement car and that no-one was hurt - silly woman!

No, she can't do this. if your neighbours are paying/rewarding her it's illegal for her to be minding. I would consider getting ofsted involved as it's doubtful she'll be reporting the incident herself.

Even if she were registered how stupid of her to invalidate her public liability insurance (if she had taken any out) by not having the correct car insurance. If it were me I'd be pointing out the inadequacies of her insurance in a kind way to my neighbours. If their little girl had been injured they would have received no compensation from this woman.

However, even if they ask you to, I would not work for neighbours hon:panic:

welshcake
29-01-2011, 09:19 AM
I have pointed out to my neighbours that i am sure it is against the law to have someone look after their children whilst not being registered. the woman has no insurance at all for the car or to be employed as a childminder .

They still have her looking after their children even after this.

They asked me a while ago if i had spaces and i just waffled that i didnt. I know some childminders do have spaces. They know she is doing wrong but they still persist on employing her.

As daft as it is I feel they are rubbing it in my face.

Marshmallow
29-01-2011, 09:29 AM
:angry: You poor thing, I'm 100% sure I wouldn't have handled it as well as you, I would have probably ............. :censored:

welshcake
29-01-2011, 09:38 AM
well i walked back from the school run to find this and luckily only my own children were present and my friend there was alot of

:censored: :censored: :censored: followed by How How How .....:blush:

FussyElmo
29-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Personally I would ring the taxman they are always very interested in people who are earning money especially if they are not declaring it :thumbsup:

mufftie
29-01-2011, 02:43 PM
definately illegal practice , even if she is rewarded with goods for example if you paid a friend to look after your child by doing her weekly shop rather than giving money then that is classed as a reward therefore being paid , definately report her as this woman sounds dangerous

MaryMary
29-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Is she working from her own house, or from your neighbour's house? (you said they were 'employing' her - not sure if that was just an expression). If she is working from your neighbour's, she is a nanny and as such does not have to be registered. She would still need valid insurance and a valid licence though! She sounds like she shouldn't even be driving! :mad:

youarewhatyoueat
30-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Sounds like she is a nanny in which case she doesn't need insurance except for the car of course. Depending on how many hours she does she may not need to pay tax and ni, but it is down to her employers to pay especially if she is being paid gross, she is effectively doing nothing wrong.
But I would presume the insurance company would be reporting her if she has driven illegally.

pinkbutterfly
30-01-2011, 01:10 AM
I agree with the above posters ... as you described it it seems she is a nanny ... she could have another child if the neighbour managed to find another family to do a nannyshare with.
However ... nothing excuses bad driving ...