PDA

View Full Version : Good or bad idea?

fieryleo1984
29-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Morning everyone? Hope your all well. I had a call from ofsted yesterday to say they had recieved my forms and all was well and that i should recieve a invoice for payment in about a week..is that good news?

Anyway at present i work 3 days a week (weds-fri) and my mum thinks it would be a good idea to childmind monday and tuesday to start off with incase I dont like it! She also suggested working on a saturday..my partner works so its not like I normally have a family day this day. I didnt fill on my ofsted form to work weekends..could this be changed?

Do you think this is a good idea? I wasnt planning on leaving my current job untill i had mindees set up anyway.

Thanks Em xx:)

LucyatMCM
29-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I think it's could be a good idea. That way if the work is slow to come in you've still got an income. On the other hand it is going to limit which clients you can take. But working Saturdays might give you an edge, since some people do need childcare on weekends and not all Childminders (myself included) are prepared to do it.

All the best x

Chimps Childminding
29-01-2011, 06:15 PM
I agree, it sounds like a good idea!! You can just advertise that you have Monday and Tuesday available - even minders who work every day dont always have space on each day!!

I would only work Saturdays if you REALLY want to - its difficult to change once you start it, and if you end up working 5 days do you really want to work saturday as well?? I suppose a lot depends on whether you have children of your own?