PDA

View Full Version : how do i do this??

Ava's Nana
28-01-2011, 06:41 PM
I’ve had an enquiry today from a parent about childcare, mum wants me to pick up her 4yr old daughter from home and take her straight to school mon-fri...that’s it. That’s fine with me, I have space and she’s only round the corner so not a problem, my question is this, observations!? How do i do this when I only have her with me for travel to school, she'll only be with me for 20mins max each day. The youngest child I’ve had up till now is 7yrs and I have my inspection this year so want to get it right.
All advice greatly appreciated :laughing:

rickysmiths
28-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Personally I would not do this because as the child is only in your car and never in your home. I will not be anyones taxi which is what you are being asked to do. If it is just round the corner why can't the parent drop the child to you?

In this situation you are directly be paid for acting like a taxi. This can be reguarded as 'Hire and Reward' by Insurance companies and could mean your car insurance will become invaild for these journeys.

How could you do any observations in these circumstances as you are concentrating on driving?

Ava's Nana
28-01-2011, 07:01 PM
mum has a baby and cant seem to cope with getting up and ready in time for the school run lol.
i was thinking that as i drop my son at the bus stop by their house i could collect the child at the same time, this would be around 1/2hr before school so could bring her back to mine, mums happy with this. still not sure about observations in half hour, as i said its the first time i've had a child under 7yrs? :panic:

carolyn01
28-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Yes I would definitely do it. It is easy money for a quick journey and no hassle. You don't have to do any observations for this so don't worry about itl :clapping:

xdirtydancerx
28-01-2011, 07:07 PM
mum has a baby and cant seem to cope with getting up and ready in time for the school run lol.
i was thinking that as i drop my son at the bus stop by their house i could collect the child at the same time, this would be around 1/2hr before school so could bring her back to mine, mums happy with this. still not sure about observations in half hour, as i said its the first time i've had a child under 7yrs? :panic:

You may not need to do observations. I only have mindee for an hour every morning and Mrs O was shocked (in a good way) that I had attempted to observe him. She said that although it was very short and sweet from what she'd seen I knew him very well :thumbsup:

Ava's Nana
28-01-2011, 07:33 PM
excellant!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

thanks everyone

flowerpots
28-01-2011, 07:37 PM
how old is lo? :D

lol, never mind just re-read, i wouldnt do any obs, just a chat and record any problems. :thumbsup:

mushpea
28-01-2011, 07:46 PM
you could always ask her to spot things or find things along the way and turn it in to an ob,, ie count the trees,,find the red car, what can you hear (assuming that your walking then she can hear car nosie, birds etc) although if its under 2hrs not sure then that you need to do obs?

The Juggler
29-01-2011, 08:46 AM
i have a 3 year old I collect from nursery and who comes back to my house but by the time we arrive his mum is here too. my only observations of him come from our walk home from school (so not many) but I haven't really created a LJ for him