PDA

View Full Version : hmm what do you think?

jellytot
28-01-2011, 03:48 PM
I have recieved an e-mail today for childcare, this is it

Good morning, my name is ******* and I am just making an enquiry about your services. I am new to all this so not sure how it all works.

I have a son called **** who is currently *. Unfortunately I have to go back to work
I am looking for a childminder that will be able to look after him for 3 full days, probably Monday - Wednesday, my mum and a friend are taking care of him the other 2 days, however on the odd occasion I may need him to be with you for the full week just to cover holidays if this is possible.

If this is acceptable to you and you have spaces available, is it possible to come and visit you?

Many thanks for your time

Kind regards

(please note this is my fathers e-mail hence the surname being different as mine is not working at the moment)

Now I'm quite a suspitious person and something is telling me something, somewhere isnt right with this. This is why I'm asking what you think, how would they have my e-mail? Does the FIS give out e-mails?

I don't want to just ignore incase it is real as I do need the work.

What are your thoughts?

xx

mrs coops
28-01-2011, 03:55 PM
i think fis can put your email address on ther but not 100% sure. i'd be having a look and see. sorry not much help:blush: xxx

kel1983
28-01-2011, 04:00 PM
I received emails from one of my parents when she found me on FIS. My email address is on there.

jellytot
just had a look and yes e-mail is on it :blush:

I have just never had an enquiry by e-mail

How would I reply? I am not good at wording things.

Pixie dust
have a look at your details on direct.gov site as they put all your details on there numbers and e-mails.

Blaze
28-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Sounds like a perfectly normal enquirey to me!

Pixie dust
28-01-2011, 04:01 PM
opps think we just posted at the same time, glad u got it sorted.

maisiemog
28-01-2011, 04:02 PM
FIS can give your email out if you haven't ticked the box saying they cant!!! I've had a couple of emails from people asking for childcare in the last few weeks.

Bridey
28-01-2011, 04:03 PM
If you gave the FIS your email addy then it will be on your page. This sounds like a fab enquiry to me. She sounds very organised and I think this approach is much better than having to make lots of phone calls with a baby in your arms. If you have a vacancy then write back and ask her to phone you so you can discuss it further. That way you get to chat to her before you give out your details :)

Mouse
28-01-2011, 04:09 PM
It sounds genuine enough to me.

As this is on a public forum though I would suggest you edit your post to delete all the personal details you have put. If I were the lady who had emailed you I would be very unhappy about having my email copied & pasted for all to see!

jellytot
28-01-2011, 04:13 PM
It sounds genuine enough to me.

As this is on a public forum though I would suggest you edit your post to delete all the personal details you have put. If I were the lady who had emailed you I would be very unhappy about having my email copied & pasted for all to see!

:eek: :eek: never thought of that thanks, shows just how bad I am at this kind of thing!!

I feel it is genuine and have replyed. As I said its just so unusual at the moment to even get a call never mind an e-mail. Feel a bit silly now asking :o

Mouse
28-01-2011, 04:18 PM
:eek: :eek: never thought of that thanks, shows just how bad I am at this kind of thing!!

I feel it is genuine and have replyed. As I said its just so unusual at the moment to even get a call never mind an e-mail. Feel a bit silly now asking :o

Never feel silly for asking anything on here! You weren't sure about it, so where better to ask for advice?
I'm glad everyone has put your mind at rest & hope something good comes from it :thumbsup:

miffy
28-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Fingers crossed it means some work for you!

Miffy xx

phoebe-alice
28-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Sorry to be a bit thick but what is the FIS? :blush:

Minstrel
28-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Sorry to be a bit thick but what is the FIS? :blush:

Family Information Service.

It's the council's website and can be found a direct.gov

mufftie
28-01-2011, 05:27 PM
good luck with that then

i had a bogus email once and theyre obvious really as they ask you for personal details and this lady hasnt , she's asked to meet you which shows she is genuine aswel so id reply certainly

rickysmiths
28-01-2011, 07:14 PM
I quite often get enquiries via email from my FIS info. I would reply to this one as someone else has said the bougus ones usually ask for personal details or money.

berkschick
28-01-2011, 07:25 PM
I had an email like this about 3 years ago for a 2 month old baby.

I replied, Mum then phoned me, came to visit, signed up and is still with me now, 45 hours a week!

Playmate
28-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Good luck, hope it all goes well. I often get emails these days too :D

angeldelight
28-01-2011, 10:14 PM
If you are worried just reply with a short email asking for their number - tell them you will give them a call to arranage a meet

Good luck hope it works out

Angel xx