PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick help...

SammyM
28-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Mrs O coming on Wednesday and I've just had a look round my setting, seem to have a lot of 'multi-cultural' but not much for diversity.

Anyone got any quick fixes for me that don't take much time :eek:

berkschick
28-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Books from the library, print pictures from the internet.

christine e
28-01-2011, 02:01 PM
How about some BSL posters? You can download some from here
http://www.theequaloppshop.co.uk/index.asp?function=PP-LOGIN

Nip into your library and get some books I have a lovely book called This Is Our House about a group of children playing in a cardboard box and they won't let children in because they are small, or twins or wear glasses or have red hair.

Cx

SammyM
28-01-2011, 02:25 PM
I have a lovely book called This Is Our House about a group of children playing in a cardboard box and they won't let children in because they are small, or twins or wear glasses or have red hair.

Cx[/QUOTE]

Just ordered it from Amazon, I love Michael Rosen books, thanks so much!! Also ordered one about a girl in a wheelchair, and one about Autism - think that should cover it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mushpea
28-01-2011, 05:43 PM
google people who help us if you look on their images bit it comes up with cartoon people from diffrent back grounds doing different jobs,,, they do print out a4 size though so you may have to reduce their size or do multiple prints on when printing.

rickysmiths
28-01-2011, 07:00 PM
There is a set of Small World people in ELC with a girl wearing glasses etc.

You can also get jig saws with people with crutches, wheel chairs, zimmer frame, it has people of all ages and nationalities on it. Sorry I can't remember where I got it.

MaryMary
28-01-2011, 09:34 PM
I have a lovely book called This Is Our House about a group of children playing in a cardboard box and they won't let children in because they are small, or twins or wear glasses or have red hair.

Cx

Just ordered it from Amazon, I love Michael Rosen books, thanks so much!! Also ordered one about a girl in a wheelchair, and one about Autism - think that should cover it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

They sound terrific :) What are they called? Are they by Michael Rosen aswell?

SammyM
28-01-2011, 11:13 PM
'Looking after Louis' is the book about a boy with autism and how his friends understand and accept him, and 'Susan laughs' is a book that shows how she can laugh, be good, get in trouble etc etc and it's only on the last page you see she's in a wheelchair.

I'd post a link but can't work out how to do it off my iPhone!!

If you search on Amazon they come up, hope they come before Wed, have to thumb them to make them look used!!!

SammyM
28-01-2011, 11:30 PM
How about some BSL posters? You can download some from here
http://www.theequaloppshop.co.uk/index.asp?function=PP-LOGIN

Nip into your library and get some books I have a lovely book called This Is Our House about a group of children playing in a cardboard box and they won't let children in because they are small, or twins or wear glasses or have red hair.

Cx

Thanks Christine, that site is lovely too - don't know what I'd do without this forum!!!

christine e
29-01-2011, 08:58 AM
'Looking after Louis' is the book about a boy with autism and how his friends understand and accept him, and 'Susan laughs' is a book that shows how she can laugh, be good, get in trouble etc etc and it's only on the last page you see she's in a wheelchair.

I'd post a link but can't work out how to do it off my iPhone!!

If you search on Amazon they come up, hope they come before Wed, have to thumb them to make them look used!!!

I have Susan Laughs too - lovely book you get right to the last page and then discover that Susan is a wheelchair user

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_12?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=susan+laughs&sprefix=susan+laughs

Hope your books arrive by Wednesday (sure they will - Amazon are very good)
and best of luck with the inspection

Cx

kel1983
29-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks for those suggestions. I have just bought 'This is our house' from Ebay for £1.71. Bargain:thumbsup: