View Full Version : What's this toy called ?

28-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Again saw something I want to get, tried researching but no luck ... maybe you will know ...
It's got a board and a type of stencils that go with it. The stencils usually consist of three or more parts to make a picture. You put the stencils together to make a picture on the board then put a paper on top and use a wax crayon to transfer the picture on the paper. Anybody knows what the proper name is? I was thinking along the lines of 'design board' ... no luck though

28-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Not sure. Something like this maybe?



28-01-2011, 02:22 PM
I have one from ELC called 'Art Studio'. :D

28-01-2011, 02:47 PM
it's not like those things unfortunately mouse. These look suitable for older ones. The ones I saw could be used by 2 yo. It's not a proper stencil ... more like a large plastic stamp with a picture cut into three ... so you can have for example an astronout or a doctor and you could swap the part of the picture (rectangle in shape) with the head or legs to make a new picture ... an astronout with a head of a doctor. Sound stupid I know but my LOs had so much fun with these at a playgoup today but unfortunately they had no trademark on them .... just made in china
I tried looking at ELC sarah but it doesn't bring up any results ....

28-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I tried looking at ELC sarah but it doesn't bring up any results ....

It is quite old :o

28-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Sorry, I don't know either.

Ask the playgroup staff next time you go - they may know what it's called or where it came from

Miffy xx

28-01-2011, 04:30 PM
hi, sorry i dont have a clue but i am now interested to see what they are :)

28-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Mix and Match Pals from ELC?


28-01-2011, 06:01 PM
WOW! That's it!!! Thanks a million!