PDA

View Full Version : giving out reg number

levason
28-01-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm very new to this, and had given any thought about giving out reg number so last week when I had an enquiry I did give it out thinking I was being all professional, should I contact Ofsted to say that I gave it out to an enquiring family? and in the future if parents ask for the number what do I say?

caz3007
28-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Say that it will be available on the contract when it is signed. I wouldnt worry about ringing Ofsted, cos doubt they would be interested. If someone wasnt to see your ofsted report, then copy yours for them but delete the number, they can also check online using your postcode

MaryMary
28-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Ofsted wouldn't need to know - they publish EY numbers on their website anyway! (although not with address)

To claim tax credits, you need the EY number and full address. Did this family also have your address? (was it the same family that didn't turn up in your other thread?) If you think someone is claiming fraudulently, you could give tax credits a call (but I doubt they will do anything, TBH :mad: )

We all live and learn :o

I don't give out my number, although it is on all my paperwork (contract, etc), so parents have the details they need to claim when contracts are signed.

They may have wanted your number to look up your ofsted report :) although as you are new, you might not have been graded yet anyway, and they might not realise that (I am giving them the benefit of the doubt there!)

grindal
28-01-2011, 11:23 AM
I would not worry too much. It is easy enough to get the registration number of a childminder or nursery if a parent wants to make a fraudulent tax credits claim. It is down to the parents not you.

levason
28-01-2011, 11:28 AM
yes my address is on my info pack that I e-mail out when I have an enquiry but I will delete that from it just put my general location and contact numbers. So many new things to learn.

no it wasn't the same person that cancelled their visit today, thanks for your replies!xx

pinkbutterfly
28-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Just wondering why would they need your registration number anyway? Since you've just registered there is no report on Ofsted's website ... so what else do they need it for?

angeldelight
28-01-2011, 12:35 PM
yes my address is on my info pack that I e-mail out when I have an enquiry but I will delete that from it just put my general location and contact numbers. So many new things to learn.

no it wasn't the same person that cancelled their visit today, thanks for your replies!xx

Good idea to delete

I learn something new everyday too and I have been minding for 20 years :laughing:

Good luck with the parents

Angel xx