PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Advice/Info

Newbie1!
27-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Hia guys, some of you may have seen my recent posts about me being terribly miserable (!!) so, Ive decided to put all my efforts and energy into advertising and marketing. So, I feel like Ive done everything but Im sure I havent, so what Im asking for is if you could all add to a list of advertising ideas:-

1. Childcare.co.uk
2. Local "whats on/news" magazine that goes to 2500 homes!! :( :(
3. Own website
4. Yellow pages
5. Leaflet dropped my whole estate
6. FIS website

Anyone think of anything else?? Im getting seriously desperate now so even wierd things will be considered!!!xx

swindonminder
28-01-2011, 10:10 AM
How about putting notices up at your local shops, tesco, asda, morrisons etc, soft play areas such as Jolly Roger or Kidz about. Have you advertised at the local school? I have left some of my business cards at the reception desk and they have my details so if anyone enquires they hand my information out.
I was talking to my development officer and she said a cm she knows even advertised at her local chip shop and got some enquiries lol. :)

donnamarie2
28-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi, How about netmums they have a local childcare page , do you know your local childminders ? there are only 3 of us that do my kids school and they are full so have my card to pass on any enquiries.
I have done so much advertising and have to say it hasn't done me any good !!
I haven't done a website though, how did you do yours?
Forgot to say see if you can get lots of posters up in your local school.

AnnieM
28-01-2011, 11:33 AM
I have my name and mobile number on the back window of my car, or you can get those magnetic advertising sheets that you can remove from the sides of your vehicle, although I must say I haven't had any business from it yet and it's been on since last easter! I am now getting desperate and if it wasn't for having a very supportive DH would have given up long ago. I only have 2 brothers before and after school and one of them only comes 1 night a week as he has hobbies the other 4, they are also term time only. :panic:
I am looking after my 5 month old grandson, but he is a freebie!! :rolleyes: I need to get something soon for my own sanity, as I hate not having my own money. :( :blush:

Newbie1!
28-01-2011, 01:45 PM
How about putting notices up at your local shops, tesco, asda, morrisons etc, soft play areas such as Jolly Roger or Kidz about. Have you advertised at the local school? I have left some of my business cards at the reception desk and they have my details so if anyone enquires they hand my information out.
I was talking to my development officer and she said a cm she knows even advertised at her local chip shop and got some enquiries lol. :)

Well, my local supermarkets wont allow advertising for things like that, something to do with child protection - blah blah, My nearest softplay offers some advertising, but its £10 a month to leave card or poster there to be honest no-one would see it in the space they have allocated. Theres only one local school that will allow it for a fee and I already have one there.....now chip shop!!! Theres an idea!!xx

Newbie1!
28-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi, How about netmums they have a local childcare page , do you know your local childminders ? there are only 3 of us that do my kids school and they are full so have my card to pass on any enquiries.
I have done so much advertising and have to say it hasn't done me any good !!
I haven't done a website though, how did you do yours?
Forgot to say see if you can get lots of posters up in your local school.

I do netmums too, sorry forgot to mention that one, nothing from there :( Again, school say no no :(

Newbie1!
28-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I have my name and mobile number on the back window of my car, or you can get those magnetic advertising sheets that you can remove from the sides of your vehicle, although I must say I haven't had any business from it yet and it's been on since last easter! I am now getting desperate and if it wasn't for having a very supportive DH would have given up long ago. I only have 2 brothers before and after school and one of them only comes 1 night a week as he has hobbies the other 4, they are also term time only. :panic:
I am looking after my 5 month old grandson, but he is a freebie!! :rolleyes: I need to get something soon for my own sanity, as I hate not having my own money. :( :blush:

I have ordered a car magnet and bumper sticker so theyll be going on soon, then Im thinking of parking outside lots of areas such as soft play leisure centres etc and leaving the car there all day!!!

Everyone keeps saying word of mouth, but if you dont have any business how can anyone spread the word!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

donnamarie2
28-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I have thought about the car stickers but decided against it incase your driving and do something daft ,then people may not want their kids in your car !! lol
Do you go to your local toddler groups , i hate them with a passion but have made my self go to a local one to get my face known as i usually go to another one with my sister in law!!
Where did you get the children you have now from? Forgot to add if school say no can't you leaflet people on the way in or out of school?
I have had quite a few from netmums but they haven't been possible for me to do .

Mrs Pootle
28-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Do you have any children of your own that you pick up from school? If you are in the playground tell as many people as possible you are a childminder. I started to do this when I was doing the childminding courses, I managed to drop it into all sorts of conversations with parents and word soon spread so that once I was registered I had a couple of people waiting to use me.

I also have my name & phone number printed on my bag and the back of my coat. I make sure I use these items when I am working, and especially when I am on the playground or at mums & tots groups.
Good luck, it is hard to get the first ones :)

Playmate
28-01-2011, 07:50 PM

we have the magnetic signs on our cars and have got 2 children from it now :clapping: quite good when parked outside school for over 5's :clapping:
Wish I knew how to attract under 5's though :(