PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering

bubbly
18-04-2008, 12:15 PM
...what makes someone think "I'd really love a career as an Ofsted inspector"? :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Oh god, hope mine isn't reading this lol :doh: :laughing:

Rubybubbles
18-04-2008, 12:18 PM
:eek: haha

TBH I think it would be good:blush: making sure all those who get grades only on the basis they know ofsted are coming..................rant of mine sorry!!

In wales they don't annouce am I right? I think that would be good:o

Tatia
18-04-2008, 12:41 PM
In wales they don't annouce am I right? I think that would be good
No it wouldn't!! I have a sink full of dirty dishes cos I rushed off after breakfast to drop-in group and came home to feed the kids lunch (and hop on the forums whilst they eat:blush: )!

:D

sarah707
18-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Sometimes my children say to relax - Ofsted aren't going to just turn up! :rolleyes:

cherry
18-04-2008, 01:05 PM
My Ofsted inspector said she was looking for another job as she didn't like the idea of people not liking her.

She was a really nice person, too nice to be an Ofsted inspector.

Trouble
18-04-2008, 01:06 PM
i would love that job:clapping: :clapping:

deeb66
18-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Do you want to hear something funny.

it is a job that I would consider doing :eek:

mumtodaniel
18-04-2008, 07:13 PM
I think child minders would make excellent ofsted inspectors as we know what the job is really like and what it entails. Wonder if any of them were in a previous life, the nice ones!

Rubybubbles
18-04-2008, 07:13 PM
I feel so glad it's not just me thats thinks it would be good phew:laughing:

Blaze
18-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I'd love to be an inspector!:eek:
Blaze:)

buildingblocks
18-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I think child minders would make excellent ofsted inspectors as we know what the job is really like and what it entails. Wonder if any of them were in a previous life, the nice ones!

my first Ofsted inspector was a lovely lady from Sheffield way on. She did my pre reg and first inspection

I think it should be a legal requirement that if they are inspecting Childminders that they should have worked as a childminder

manjay
18-04-2008, 07:20 PM
:eek: haha

TBH I think it would be good:blush: making sure all those who get grades only on the basis they know ofsted are coming..................rant of mine sorry!!

In wales they don't annouce am I right? I think that would be good:o

You are right! They don't announce in Wales. You have a three month period when they could visit anytime

casey's mum
18-04-2008, 07:26 PM
I think they should defo have done the job! My inspector is great at quoting rules and reg's but doesn't have a clue about the practical side of things!

Angela xx

Lou
18-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I would love to be an ofsted inspector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deeb66
18-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Glad to hear that I am not the only one then!

Trouble
18-04-2008, 07:32 PM
my nvq assessor was a childminder then an nvq teacher and now wants to be an ofsted inspector she would be good to

i have to say my ofsted man was lovely he even told me my cup of tea was cold and i should drink occasionally also helped with painting

i hope i have him next time

breezy
18-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't want to be ofsted inspector, my one told me she was threatened by a childminder and her husband who didn't get the grade they wanted!
Would you really want to be someone no one looked forward to seeing!!!

Just out of interest does anyone know of anyone who minds an inspectors kids?
My god that would be a scary prospect!
Do you think they use minders?
my one used her mum!! :)

Lou
18-04-2008, 07:49 PM
My last inspectors children went to a childminder....

Not me lol....

and she didnt inspect this minder but needless to say the minder got outstanding!!!