PDA

View Full Version : Parent Pack

Jo Jo
27-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi all Im just getting things ready for my pre reg ofsted visit,
just wondering what to put in a parent pack ? any ideas would be great :)

LucyatMCM
27-01-2011, 02:24 PM
I've got a parent pack together that includes all my policies, a leaflet that provides a summary of my services, child's record form (emergency contacts etc), about your child form (likes, dislikes), a parent's checklist (things to bring/not bring with your child) and character references.

I would like to know if people give these out to everyone who comes to visit. I reckon they cost at least £5 to print and sometimes you never hear from the parent again!

Jo Jo
27-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks for your reply, some great ideas i think i would just hand these out if the parents were to sign the contracts first and just give then a breif out line of policies etc, and an about me sheet for the child and parents to fill out with a discription about myself and my services.
:thumbsup: thanks

juelmer
27-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Hi,

I have my first visit on Tuesday and I've said to the parent that i'll email her my policies and procedures for her to have a read through before she visits so she can ask any questions at the meeting. She will then always have a copy of them and i'll just email updates ones as and when needed.
If she decides to go ahead then i'll email the forms for her to complete either online to email back to me and I print them off or she can print them off and post them back to me.
I'm going to try and use full advantage of emails as printing costs can be high and time consuming.

Hope this helps,
Julie

mrs_scottydog
27-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Lucy - I just have a information sheet that I give parents on the first visit. It includes opening times, what parents need to provide and my contact details, aswell as fees and age of my son and mentions we have a cat. Just the basic information really.
I wait until I know the parents are really interested before giving them a copy of policies and all the other forms they need to fill in. Just saves some money giving them the one sheet initially. Hope that helps.

Jo Jo - I haven't got anything to add to Lucy's list. Hx

Toothfairy
27-01-2011, 04:46 PM
This is what I put in my Parent pack which they get to take home with them. If they then come back to sign contracts, they are given a disc with all my policies/procedues & permission slips and a sheet listing them all which the parents sign to say they have read & agree to abide by.

My Welcome Pack/Parent Information pack includes;

* A brief outline on myself, my background, my qualifications, my family, my contact details etc.
* My mission statement
* Hours of work & Fees (includes types of payments excepted, settling in period, sickess policy, termination of contract)
* House rules
* A typical day at my setting
* Activities & daily diaries
* Copy of my long term planning for that year
* Information for parents about EYFS
* A list of all my policies & prcedures (they are given in full to the parents when signing contracts)
* Healthy Packed Lunch ideas (I don't provide meals)
* Who supplies what sheet (nappies, sun block etc)
* Useful telephone numbers (Ofsted, NCMA, CFIC)
* Equal Opportunity policy
* Safeguarding Children Policy
* Complaints policy & procedure

HTH :thumbsup:

Minstrel
27-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I had some brouchers made up from Vistaprint. Very good and i put all info about my service in that. They were free and i just paid p&p.

It has fees
opening times
what's included in price
places we go
my mission statementand aims
things we do
my contact details
about me
about meals

Doofuz
28-01-2011, 06:24 AM
I am starting to make up my parent pack this weekend :eek: scary stuff, it makes it all real. I will be putting in basically what everyone has mentioned and I like the idea of a basic information sheet about me, my home and family, dogs experience etc, to give prospective parents. My parent pack will be only for parents that decide to use me. This way I save paper and ink. Email is a good idea too :thumbsup:

Jo Jo
28-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Thank you all for all your fantastic ideas, i can now get started, email and disc is a really good idea, saves on paper and ink
thanks all
jojo :thumbsup:

CAZMCA
28-01-2011, 10:21 AM
:D i too have an information leaflet, i found i was printing way too many to give to parents, all my pols and procedures are on my website

juelmer
04-02-2011, 02:08 PM
I love the leaflet idea, I think i'll design one online and send it via email as a PDF. If the parents then request a printed version then I'll print one for them or order a bunch from vistaprint (I got my business cards from them and they're really good).
I think a leaflet can look really professional :clapping: