PDA

View Full Version : parents coming to sign contracts

chels55
18-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Had two Visits off family of three children this went really well, 3 lovely children and mother seemed really nice.
She contacted me to say they were definatly interested and she will be coming up over weekend to sign.

because she is claiming tax credits and i will be doing more hours over holidays and inset days ect she has asked me if i want to average out the fees to get the same amount weekly, Do any of you do this? i think it will make life easier for me having the same amount every week

18 month 40 hours
4 year old 25 hours till full time school september
8 year old 10 hours

this will begin in June

fionamal
18-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Woohoo!:clapping:

Thats great news. Looks like your going to be very busy from June

casey's mum
18-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Thats gr8 news! I dont actually average my fees but it is personnal choice! I like that in the holiday months I get more than normal! Each to their own though!
Good luck
Angela xx

jaja
18-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I have before averaged the money out, however i knew the family and had the kids for two years already. You need to know and make sure mum knows if it doesnt work out they may owe you money or you may owe them, i suggest average for 3 months or 6 and then see how it goes, if it works fine but if it doesnt then you can change it.

I add up all the hours per week and then times by hourly rate and then add meals or extras then divide by the number of weeks.

If you got any more questions about what i did, pm me.:)

jen:clapping:

hannahsstar
18-04-2008, 12:30 PM
I average out one families fees and it works ok. The parents know just what they need to budget for because it's the same each month.

Jae

sarah707
18-04-2008, 01:04 PM
It's a good idea but make sure you really trust the parents - it would work in your favour in term time but not so much in holidays... and make sure you have something in place for if they are consistently late collecting or early dropping off and you are going over your hours... also don't forget some months have more than 4 weeks when you're adding it up (ok, obvious I know, but it happens!)

Good luck! :D

angeldelight
19-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Just wanted to say good luck hope it goes ok

Angel xx

Mollymop
19-04-2008, 06:46 PM
That's brilliant and it seems a good idea to average out your hours and pay, save messing about i suppose X