PDA

View Full Version : That went well- shame it wasn't an ofsted inspection!

miss mopple
27-01-2011, 12:21 PM
The National Childrens Bureau have been here for the last 2hrs observing me working for their currnet research on childminders.

I was dreading it a bit as I have my friends puppy here at the minute and her and my dog arent getting along and have been a nightmare together :panic:

She turned up at 9.30 and the dogs were asleep and stayed that way :clapping: :clapping: I had a 2 and 4yr old here and they played so well together. We had great fun with the playmobil, then did stories before I put the 2yr old down for a nap and had some one to 1 with the other one. He was a dream :) We took delivery of a parcel while they were here of new shapes for my die cutting machine. We had a lucky dip finding them all in the box, counted and sorted them into size order before having a play with the machine and cutting some shapes. Then he wanted to play with the packing chips and we had a great game with them, pretending we were cooking popcorn among other things :D It was a totally child led morning and I had a ball- probably more fun than the kids :laughing:

I really hope she got a positive image of childminding. if my next proper inspection goes as well I'd be very happy :)

cas2805
27-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Sounds like you had a great morning! Fingers crossed that the inspecion goes well ans that the dogs sleep well for the rest of the day!

Beetlejuice
27-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Darling, having seen you in action there is no way on earth she WOULDNT have got a positive image of childminding :D It sounds like a brilliant day - glad it went well with the doggies there!!

The Juggler
27-01-2011, 05:49 PM
well done! do you get a report from them on what they saw, don't forget to produce it for your next inspection.:)

miss mopple
27-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks folks (and bless you for saying the sweetest things beetlejuice) , it was fun to be part of it :)

I dont get a report of what she wrote about me, but they will send me a full report of their report on childminding when its published :thumbsup:

Am so proud of my mindees- they were stars :clapping:

miffy
27-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Glad it went well for you :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

babs
27-01-2011, 08:34 PM
glad it all went well reading your post i want to come and play with the package bits too:D

SammyM
28-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Sounds great, if I were you I would ask them for a reference to put in your file, even if its just an email thanking you, it goes a long way!

T -5 days and counting until my Oftsted inspection :eek: :eek: