PDA

View Full Version : Having a year off

carolyn01
27-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Hello,

As I only have a part timer two days a week, I am considering working with a friend cleaning as she is really busy and earns so much more than me. Has anyone else put their registration on hold? I want to try it out and come back to childminding otherwise but don't want to lose my registration! I just find paperwork etc and inspections so stressful and don't think I want the worry of it all - im due end of this year for inspection.

:panic:

Ben10mad
27-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Go for it! At the end of the day we work to earn money and if you can make a living doing that I would go for it. My moms a cleaner and she's always got work and is very busy :) good luck x

snufflepuff
27-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I think you should go for it.

Just as an extra point- Isn't it sad that people pay more per hour for someone to clean their house than they do for someone to take care of heir children?!

Chimps Childminding
27-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Hello,

As I only have a part timer two days a week, I am considering working with a friend cleaning as she is really busy and earns so much more than me. Has anyone else put their registration on hold? I want to try it out and come back to childminding otherwise but don't want to lose my registration! I just find paperwork etc and inspections so stressful and don't think I want the worry of it all - im due end of this year for inspection.

My ds has just set up a cleaning business and having seen what he can earn I am SERIOUSLY thinking of going to work with him!!! He is cleaning Housing Association houses after the workmen have finished and before the tenants move in!!! If it takes off I will seriously consider it! :thumbsup:

I am also finding the paperwork side of things get to me, and I dread Ofsted Inspections. Good luck!!

moogster1a
28-01-2011, 09:09 AM
you don't need to tell OfsteD you're not working unless it's been over 3 years. Ater all, for all they know you're struggling to get kids signed up; so, go for it and keep advertising for mindees. You never know you might be able to do both if the right family comes up!