PDA

View Full Version : Help with completing variation form

retha
27-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Hi everyone
I need some advice on filling in my variation form, if anyone can help I will appreciate it. I called Ofsted and they sent me the form which is different from the one available from this forum so hopefully someone has filled in one of these.

Section B - Numbers of children you wish to care for
- Under 1
- Early Years age range
- Total under eight
I can care for 5 of which 2 can be early years and wish to care for an additional child under 1. How do I write it into these 3 age ranges?
(sorry if I sound really dumb :blush: )

Section E - Action Plan
(Include a plan of your day and how the individual needs of each child will be met)
I went blank when I tried answering this. I wrote I had a morning nursery run and afternoon school run for which I use 7-seater with range of car seats. Wrote had dedicated play room with age appropriate toys and areas to play, quiet corner for baby and own room for nap times. What else? - I struggle to put the right words together...:(

Thanks everyone

Penny1959
27-01-2011, 05:28 AM
Hello

I have done a couple of the new forms now

Age groups

Put in the number you require in each age group - it will add up to a bigger number but Ofsted just use it to write the wording on certifacate - so can have ??? of which ?? may be ... and ??

Re Action plan
I put time slots and an outline plan

For example

9:15 - 10:30
Breakfast for those not had before school run / naps for those who need one / free play / toileting nappy changing
10:30
Snacks for those who want one
10:30 - 12:30
Activity available for those who want to do one / naps for those who need one / free play / toileting and nappy changing

They did not ask for any further information

If like me you have had a recent inspection you can refer to that as Mrs O would have commented about routines / meeting childrens needs.

Hope it helps

Penny :)

pinky33
27-01-2011, 12:55 PM
OMG i had to fill in one of these forms the other day what a nightmare ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

God luck getting the variation xx

retha
28-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Thank you very much, completed the form and sent it off so hopefully will hear something back soon.

Thanks Penny for your advice about filling in the age group numbers and putting down the daily plan...it made things a bit more clear for me and helped a lot. :thumbsup: