PDA

View Full Version : chinese new year resources

Pixie dust
26-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Just to let you know I have just found some fab chinese new year stuff on www.******.co.uk there are lots of lovely photographs/ masks/ role play.

Just look under festivals

miffy
26-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Thank you - there's some lovely stuff on there

Miffy xx

Pixie dust
26-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Thank you - there's some lovely stuff on there

I love this site but my printer doesn't:laughing:

linda2girls
26-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Thank you, will have a good look tomorrow.

Linda.

xdirtydancerx
26-01-2011, 10:46 PM
I love this site but my printer doesn't:laughing:

I was just thinking the same :jump for joy:

michellethegooner
26-01-2011, 10:47 PM
thanks looks fab, think might need more ink though lol

catswhiskers
26-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Sorry to be so blunt but I now don't celebrate CNY in my house. I used to as my own three children were always doing this and my youngest (12) is now learning Mandarin at secondary school. This is because she has been selected as being adept at learning a new language. So be it, and up until now I've not explained to her and my older children why I don't celebrate CNY.

But after reading about how China still favour the "boys only" rule it does make you think. Thousands of unborn baby girls are still being aborted by the millions.

Also the way they treat their animals (especially cats and tigers) is absolutely horrific.

Sorry but just had to get that off my chest!

tracey36
27-01-2011, 07:38 AM
fantastic site have just downloaded some things thanks for sharing :)

gegele
27-01-2011, 07:51 AM
thank you.

as for the thread about china :
do you still do catholic celebration easter, xmas...? yet the religion is against gay, abortion, condoms....! and is responsable for millions of death and torture through history

so you don't do any islamic thing like eid due to the terrorist and extremist???

it's a celebration in adifferent culture. the idea is to show children that people celebrate in different ways in different countries. see other children doing other things, eating other things. it's not supporting China it's introducing DIVERSITY.
:thumbsup:

mrsmaggy
27-01-2011, 08:40 AM
I love that site :thumbsup:

ChocolateChip
29-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Fantastic site, thankyou!
Gonna cost me a fortune in ink though, lol! :laughing:

TammyN
29-01-2011, 05:49 PM
thank you.

as for the thread about china :
do you still do catholic celebration easter, xmas...? yet the religion is against gay, abortion, condoms....! and is responsable for millions of death and torture through history

so you don't do any islamic thing like eid due to the terrorist and extremist???

it's a celebration in adifferent culture. the idea is to show children that people celebrate in different ways in different countries. see other children doing other things, eating other things. it's not supporting China it's introducing DIVERSITY.
:thumbsup:
i can't agree with you more, it is a fantastic way to introduce different celebration styles to even the youngest children and they really get involved :thumbsup: we cover a variety of festivals and celebrations here and so through a year we visit around the world through crafts :clapping: