PDA

View Full Version : Make sure you have your driving license!!

loopy lou
18-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi.

Just a word of warning for inspections. I got satisfactory because i could not find my driving license!! Just got my report this morning. For anyone with inspections coming up make sure that is in with all the relevant car info.

Loopy Lou:littleangel:

mrsbumbles
18-04-2008, 10:42 AM
That seems so unfair:(

sarah707
18-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Thank you for sharing the advice... not fair though! :(

Tbh I would be tempted to send a photocopy to ofsted with a letter stating the reasons why you were not prepared to go looking upstairs while you were childminding - and the child protection issues surrounding leaving 3 children in the care of an inspector while you were doing this for her OR taking 3 children upstairs with you, which would have been equally wrong!

Monkey1
18-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Thankyou for that . Totally unfair! Will have to search mine out!!!

casey's mum
18-04-2008, 11:31 AM
That is very harsh! Will search out mine.....thanks for the heads up xx

Angela xx

bubbly
18-04-2008, 11:35 AM
I've put fishing my licence out on my 'to do' list for my inspection next week. Thanks for letting us know.

Lottie
18-04-2008, 11:46 AM
You have reminded me to find my insurance details, service records etc. Thanks.

However what a load of tosh...wow how disheartening that the last three threads I have posted on are all about Ofsted and their 'policies.':(

katickles
18-04-2008, 12:07 PM
thanks for that - just tried to find mine & can't!:panic:

Job for huby when he gets home. Why is it that men can't seem to file things to save there lives?:rolleyes:

Sarah has a good point there i think, maybe its worth a try? :)

manjay
18-04-2008, 12:20 PM
We were advised to have a copy in our Portfolio along with copies of Insurances etc

Rubybubbles
18-04-2008, 12:23 PM
oh ............ not heard this one before thanks for the heads up

right now where is it:o

littletreasures
18-04-2008, 12:34 PM
That seems very unfair!!

littletreasures

mum22
18-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I have the photo license in my purse - but as for the paper bit - not a clue....
thanks for the advice.

xhelen

charleyfarley
18-04-2008, 12:37 PM
That's very unfair

I've only been asked for mine once, yet again is it, depends who inspects you.

Carol xx

ma7ie
18-04-2008, 12:44 PM
That is unfair. Seems to me, you must have got a picky inspector. She should have at least given you a chance to send a copy to her.

Jinx
18-04-2008, 12:45 PM
I have the photo license in my purse - but as for the paper bit - not a clue....
thanks for the advice.

xhelen

I know it seems bonkers :( but the paper bit of the licence says on it that both it and the photocard should be kept together. It states that BOTH must be produced when required. :panic:

Think this is a bit daft myself as my paper one is getting very chewed up stuffed in my purse with all the mothballs! :o

Jinx x;)

mum22
18-04-2008, 12:47 PM
oops thanks for that - if the paper bit and the photocard need to be kept together - why do we need both ???:huh:

x helen

some digging in the deepest darkest depths for me this weekend......

Jinx
18-04-2008, 12:53 PM
oops thanks for that - if the paper bit and the photocard need to be kept together - why do we need both ???:huh:

x helen

some digging in the deepest darkest depths for me this weekend......

Think its because any convictions only show on the paper part. :o Not that I have any :o honest:o . And everything will have a photo on it eventually. Nightmare, as I don't photo well!!!!!!!:p

:laughing:
Jinx x

mumtodaniel
18-04-2008, 07:09 PM
When my inspector came last week she did not ask for my driving license. She did say have I got my MOT, I said it was upstairs, but she didn't ask me to get it. I said the insurance docs were in the portfolio.

It may be worth getting the mot out as well for those with upcoming inspections just in case.

foxy lady
18-04-2008, 07:11 PM
hi got my inspection next week, hadent even thought about my driving licence will go and get it noe

Lou
18-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I have never been asked for any of it licsense or insurance or mot....nothing.

Another ofsted inconsistency.

I couldnt find the cats vaccination record last time i was inspected so i locked the cat in the garage ha ha!!!!

Rubybubbles
18-04-2008, 07:15 PM

I couldnt find the cats vaccination record last time i was inspected so i locked the cat in the garage ha ha!!!!

:eek: thats just mean!!!! (but roomy bears it in mind jsut in case mwahhhh)

Lou
18-04-2008, 07:16 PM
:eek: thats just mean!!!! (but roomy bears it in mind jsut in case mwahhhh)

Dont worry hun i wont lock you in.................................

unless you have a better outfit ha ha

manjay
18-04-2008, 07:18 PM

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: That made me lol

Rubybubbles
18-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Dont worry hun i wont lock you in.................................

unless you have a better outfit ha ha

:eek: don't start dec to far away to think about outfits OMG you'll set me in a panic

Pauline
18-04-2008, 07:20 PM
That is just SOOOOOOOOO unfair, I was never asked to show mine! :(

angeldelight
19-04-2008, 11:14 AM
I agree very very unfair

Angel xx

Spangles
19-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't get my cat vaccinated as one of my mum's cats became ill after hers and the vet said that was quite common. Plus her vet told her that if they have the vaccinations when they're a kitten he didn't believe they really needed them again. Can't remember what it was, some life long condition like diabetes or something so I won't get my cat done.

Is that going to be a problem?

cuddlybunny38
19-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I was also told to put driving licence paper bit, mot and insurance all in my portfolia at my dhc lessons, and at my pre reg she did check this, Sharon

sarahstanbridge
19-04-2008, 02:51 PM
i wasnt asked to show my driving licence only car insurace certificate. :)

miss muffit
19-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Gosh I havent heard that one...blimmy what else will they catch us out on!!!
thats so unfair loopy lou.
another thing i need to photo copy!

loopy lou
22-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi.

just to let you all know, and by the way thanks for the replies, I am going to appeal against this. Have just spoke with Ofsted and I will be putting it all in writing.
Bout time I stood up for myself!!:angry:

Loopy Lou:clapping

hello kitty
22-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Do we really have to show cat vaccination certificates too. Where will it stop, what about rabbit mixi vacs too. OMG. :panic:

Twinkles
22-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Good for you Lou. Let us know how you get on.