PDA

View Full Version : Should I back track????

SammyM
26-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I've got my inspection next week and just had a horrible thought, I have only started using an attendance register from the start of this year as prior to that i only one or two children a day and it seemed a bit pointless.

Now, will OFSTED want to see my attendance register from when I started minding or do you think they would be satisfied will me evaluating my old system and realising that an attendance register is the way forward????

I have all the sessions that they were all with me on the monthly bills, should I hastily be back-tracking and filling in months gone by of attendance registers??????

karensmart4
26-01-2011, 08:12 PM
I don't think you need to back track, as you said you have all the proof of hours attended etc from previous to this year.

If she say's anything then tell her that you are continually evaluating your practice and have made changes to your attendance records.

Good luck with your inspection :)

singlewiththree
26-01-2011, 08:17 PM
They only asked if I did one and didn't ask to see it so maybe they won't and usually they are only bothered about current mindees anyway.

mufftie
26-01-2011, 09:40 PM
i like the honnesty idea of saying you have evaluated your practice and improved , as they always say they look like people to identify where they have been going wrong before
good luck

pinky33
26-01-2011, 10:29 PM
When we had to deal with our false acusations the other week part of it was a dispute about attendance. You don't need anything more then the times of arrival and departure in a personal diary this is classed as good practise and what they expect to see evidance of.