PDA

View Full Version : 5 week old mindee been for 1st visit without mum!

Chimps Childminding
26-01-2011, 02:52 PM
As the title says, I have had my new mindee (5 weeks old) this morning for 3 hours without mum!!! He was an absolute angel. Slept most of the morning, had 2 bottles inbetween - drank almost all of one of them.

He isn't starting properly till the end of June, but mum has asked if I can have him occasionally before then (I also have his older sister) and she had an appointment today so asked if I would have him :clapping:

Didn't think LITTLE babies did anything for me, but he was so lovely and cuddly I think I may have changed my mind :D

ajs
26-01-2011, 02:54 PM
i have had one of mine since she was 5 weeks old, i had her one day a week until she was 9 months then i had her 3 days and i still have her 3 and a half years later

i looooove new babies especially the smell of them yummmmm

Siana
26-01-2011, 03:16 PM
How lovely, and also how lovely that she is happy to leave her young baby with you already. She must feel very confident in you.

I'd love to have a new baby to look after!

xdirtydancerx
26-01-2011, 03:19 PM
:thumbsup: Little babies are the best hehe. You get to cuddle them and they smell gorgeous, look gorgeous and behave themselves BUT you don't get the sleepless nights :laughing:

Penny1959
26-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Oh how nice - I am just a tad jealous.

I am thinking a coffee at your house when baby is next with you is called for!

Penny :)

onceinabluemoon
26-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Aw bless!

I've had my baby mindee since she was 3 weeks old for one day a week and then full time from when she was 5 months. SO much easier for them when they already know you really well. x

mufftie
26-01-2011, 07:13 PM
aaaww i love the tiny ones

erinjane
26-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Hiya,
I just had my 2nd visit today with 5 week old little boy, he is soooo good, I could just keep him.Mum is on maternity leave but also asked me to have him 1 day a week untill she goes back to work so he get used to me, and I think it is a great idea.
I love having him and he is no problem and I kept thinking id love another baby, but I guess Im just to busy at the minute, and I do have three already and one whos just two, so I think ill wait a while and just enjoy taking care of some-one elses bundle of Joy for a while :laughing: xxx

Dragonfly
26-01-2011, 07:22 PM
lovely:thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
26-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Hiya,
I just had my 2nd visit today with 5 week old little boy, he is soooo good, I could just keep him.Mum is on maternity leave but also asked me to have him 1 day a week untill she goes back to work so he get used to me, and I think it is a great idea.
I love having him and he is no problem and I kept thinking id love another baby, but I guess Im just to busy at the minute, and I do have three already and one whos just two, so I think ill wait a while and just enjoy taking care of some-one elses bundle of Joy for a while :laughing: xxx

Unfortunately I am tooooooo old to have another now :( got 4 lovely sons now 18 and 19, but if someone could have promised me a daughter I might have thought about having another :blush:

erinjane
27-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I have a girl 7 and 2 boys 6 and 2,, Id love another girl but then I think whats the chances?? and maybe im just being greedy!! :laughing: