PDA

View Full Version : Daily household/garden RA & Cleaning checks

butterfli
26-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone, was just doing all my RA's and to cut down on paper/ink etc I wondered if it was ok to do my daily household/garden RA on a laminated sheet, in which I can tick off all the risks i have checked and has space for daily/weekly and monthly RA's, each day i rub off the weekly check and re-do and the same to the weekly/monthly sections, hope this makes sense!?
Also could i do this with my daily/weekly/monthly cleaning schedule?
Does anyone else do this, or do i have to carry on doing it on paper and filing it, it just wastes loads of paper and uses alot of ink.....
Any advice would be fab, thanks guys :thumbsup:

flowerpots
26-01-2011, 11:25 AM
oooh im not sure, im just bumping:)

cuddlybunny38
26-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Hi, I went to a network meeting last thursday and there was a lady there who was doing a sectiion on risk assements(sp) . she said our daily/ weekly risk assements needed to be checked daily and we have to keep up to 2 mths worth of checks to show ofsted if asked. I also have a list that I have laminated and tick daily then rub off but she said this is wrong as we cant prove that its done daily and if we had to action anything as its not logged daily, so more paperwork lol, and storing it x

butterfli
26-01-2011, 12:54 PM
ohhh thats a shame, ok thanks for the info :thumbsup:
I LOVE PAPERWORK :panic:
lol

What about the cleaning checks? Does this have to be done on paper?

Penny1959
26-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Hi, I went to a network meeting last thursday and there was a lady there who was doing a sectiion on risk assements(sp) . she said our daily/ weekly risk assements needed to be checked daily and we have to keep up to 2 mths worth of checks to show ofsted if asked. I also have a list that I have laminated and tick daily then rub off but she said this is wrong as we cant prove that its done daily and if we had to action anything as its not logged daily, so more paperwork lol, and storing it x

Does not have to be a list that tick that have done. This is one way.

Another way is to have checklist that refer to and then write in diary when something needed doing (ie not as it should be or done when it should be)

Penny :)

heidicat
29-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Laminating a daily list sounded like a great idea to me - I was wondering that too. Never mind, more paper paper paper!

linda2girls
29-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Do we really need a cleaning schedule? I didn't have one at my last inspection.

Linda.

PixiePetal
29-01-2011, 06:31 PM
I have a RA checklist but don't tick it - tried that for a while and too much paper wasted :rolleyes:

now I go through the list, note in diary of any things needing attention and just write 'RA indoors' with a tick, same for outdoors and write fridge & freezer temps checked too.

linda2girls
29-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I have 4 weeks per page, so not too much paper wasted. Just have problems remembering to do it.

Linda.