PDA

View Full Version : help for mrs thicko

shazsull
26-01-2011, 10:46 AM
i rally need some help /advice i did my council run course back in nov have done my 1st aid to but im putting of sending in my forms !!im absolutley unsure of whats gonna happen next ? can any one explain what happens an what to do next ,reading the posts on here im like woah & they(sometimes)make my think people are awful !
thanks maybe i should just read the positive posts !!!!:D also whats a sef & do ofsted send u this xx

swindonminder
26-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi there,

Your not alone in feeling anxious about handing your forms in. When I was registering I was so nervous about what was going to happen next but I finally plucked up the courage to send them off. After Ofsted receive them they will contact you to arrange an intial visit. Its very relaxed and informal, my inspector was lovely and we just chatted about basic things, she did ask me a bit about safeguarding chidren and what I thought it meant. She also had a quick look around my home and asked what rooms I woud be using.
This visit isnt an inspection its just so they can meet you and see your home so dont worry you will absolutly fine.

Hope this has put your mind at rest.

Emma

curlycathy
26-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes I agree - try not to worry about it.

SEF is a Self Evaluation Form - its not compulsory but it is good practice to fill it in. Its just a lot of questions to help you think about your practice and reflect on what you are doing well and how you could improve. Dont worry about it - I really dont think you can fill it in until you have started minding although you could look at the questions to give you some ideas.

This forum is really good for giving you lots of advice and help too xxx