PDA

View Full Version : Sorry a bit more pushchair advice

kel1983
26-01-2011, 07:57 AM
I have looked at the Phil and Teds and cant really afford one at this time and Ive looked at the Obaby Xi and don't like the reviews so I have decided to invest in a decent stoller with a buggy board for now.

But what stoller is the best? I'm 5'9" and need to attach a buggy board to take up to a 4 year old :panic: so something that is smooth to push.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Mrs.L.C
26-01-2011, 08:44 AM
All strollers are the same to me...to push anyway. I would look for a 3 wheeler (tires)of some sort that you can attach a buggy board to. Would be a lot easier to push and they are usually a higher pushchair.

I know a buggy board wont attach to the Urban detour (not sure about the boards that attach to the axle bar though)

kel1983
26-01-2011, 09:02 AM
All strollers are the same to me...to push anyway. I would look for a 3 wheeler (tires)of some sort that you can attach a buggy board to. Would be a lot easier to push and they are usually a higher pushchair.

I know a buggy board wont attach to the Urban detour (not sure about the boards that attach to the axle bar though)

Yeah I already have an Urban Detour and love it. Unfortunately the buggy board wont work with it. It fits ok but just doesnt give the child any room to stand as the hood comes too far back.

AnnieM
26-01-2011, 09:19 AM
I am looking at changing my Obaby Atlas stroller soon :mad: as I hate it. I had a go with the Silvercross Pop and quite liked that one. I only need it for my grandson and I do already have the Silvercross 3D, but even though it folds quite neat I find it incredibly difficult to unfold, I actually get quite stressed trying to open the damn thing. :blush: So I keep that one in the house for sleeping and walking locally and have the stroller type for in the car boot. My nanny friend has a lovely Maclaren (xlr I think) which she says is a dream to push, so I might look at that one too. :thumbsup:

Doofuz
26-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Have been looking into pushchairs, managing to narrow it down to two - the 360 Nipper and the original Phil&Teds. Both have good and bad reviews, it's just about finding the one that works for me as I am quite short, I don't drive, small house etc. The P&T has always been one I wanted, even when I was nannying. I might go for a test-push in ToysRUs or something at the weekend! :laughing:

Noomie
26-01-2011, 08:46 PM
OK, I have only been an Out N About 360 Nipper double owner for 2 days, but I would highly recommend it. Soooooooo easy to push that I know it would even be OK with a buggy board on it. I have also pushed a P&T with two 13month olds and it wasn't as easy.

My Out n about was bought second hand (although nearly new really) and was only £160. Have you tried ebay / netmums / other websites that do nearly new things?

Rubybubbles
27-01-2011, 11:53 AM
having used a Phil and Teds for 5 years (I know in the trend on that one lol, I was the first in my area to get one:jump for joy: )

I have just got a out and about nipper 360 double! OMG it is a dream to push, I love my P&T soo much, but this is amazing, even mum of 2 children I mind had to try it with them in as she has P&T and didn't believe me! The out and aboug go cheaper on ebay....

But I managed to get one for £50 with everything:clapping: from a friend with 4 yr old twins who didn't want it anymore!

looking at the new kit sit to fit onto it as need a new buggy board but this looks better for tired 3yr old after preschool with 1 1/2 mile walk back for me:rolleyes:

kel1983
27-01-2011, 12:13 PM
so im guessing the best 2 pushchairs are the Out n About Nipper and the Phil and teds. :laughing:

The thing is I only really need a double for a monday. Thats why I was looking at getting a better single and a buggy board.

I have an Urban detour, which I love, and was worried that with a buggy board attached, because the hood comes back to far the lo wouldnt be able to stand properly at the back.

I have done a bit of research and found I can get a Seat 2 Go to fit on the urban Detour. So the lo can sit behind instead. Does anyone know if this is right? and know whether they are any good. There is mixed reviews about them.

I would love a Phil and Teds but just cant find one cheap enough.

Thanks all:thumbsup: