PDA

View Full Version : DHC Course Book

mummyof3
18-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi, I started the DHC course last night and they mentioned a good course book to buy - DHC by Hyman/Hymen - does anyone know what the title of this book is or where to get it? I've searched around and can not find it. Is there any other good books that I can also buy?? Any help would be appreciated my head is going to burst with all I was given to take in!!:panic:

sarah707
18-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Here you go... Heinemann is the publisher :D

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/1029163/Diploma-in-Home-based-Childcare/Product.html

mummyof3
18-04-2008, 09:55 AM
:laughing: Must have misheard the name - thanks for your help!!!

manjay
18-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I have that book! Shame I decided to do NVQ instead of DHC:D

jaja
18-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi

I have got the same book, :) you could also look at "Childminding. a guide to good practice" ncma sell them, or "Babies and young children. Diploma in childcare and education" by beaver, jones, brewstar, kneene, newman and tallack ( i think those are the names!) i got that book of amazon for about 20 quid but it has really helped explain some of the times talked about in the diploma. :clapping:

hope that helps

jen:littleangel:

elaineg
19-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Hi, I use Diploma in Home-based Childcare for childminders and nannies by Sheila Riddall-Leech, this works alongside the DHC, I also use Childminding a Guide to Good Practice by Christine Hobart and Jill Frankel, both of these books are available on the NCMA website, or if you keep looking you can sometimes get them cheap on E Bay.

love Elaine XXX

Michelle M
20-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I am also doing DHC and we were given the book free! I must have been lucky as I think its £17.99 but t is good.