PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't, but...

VINASOL
25-01-2011, 07:30 PM
...was just talking to DH about my Ofsted inspection (and her being so complimentary regarding children's development (my own children adn children that I childmind) and understanding their behavioural problems); and how they are all SO different in so many ways adn I do mean VERY different.

I've always thought about this, long before becoming a childminder (i.e. 20yrs ago), but I would love to do a behavioural pyschology course...I know that I woudl never have the time (since applyign to be a nursery/school govenor too) but I sit here and I think...wow would love to do that, how cool would that be.

Anyoen else have the same sort of aspirations?

(my typing is appalling tonight so apologies)

mufftie
25-01-2011, 07:39 PM
i personnally wouldnt fancy a course like that but if your confidence has been boosted by your inspection then go for it :clapping: well done

VINASOL
25-01-2011, 07:43 PM
i personnally wouldnt fancy a course like that but if your confidence has been boosted by your inspection then go for it :clapping: well done

why doesn't it appeal to you?

Its not just the Ofsted remark, it's something that I've been interested in years but total lack confidence has put me off (still have that really and I'm still learnign so much about CM) which is why I probably won't do it...

guest4
25-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I would!
I find children amazing and would love to look deeper into what makes them tick!!!!
Go for it! Let us all know how you get on!!:laughing:

Tracey x

Mouse
25-01-2011, 09:03 PM
I'd love to do something like that. It would be absolutely fascinating.

Have you ever looked into it? You might be surprised at how achievable it actually is. There are so many online courses these days that you don't even need to be able to get to a college or uni. Why not do some digging around and see what you find. You might even be able to get funding to do a course :thumbsup:

lilliuspillius
26-01-2011, 06:54 AM
i would love to do a behaviour management course, especially one on line! does anyone know of any.
many thanks

suzyblue
26-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Go for it! Im doing the foundation degree in early years and you learn a lot about behaviour and how children learn - its fascinating!
See what courses the Open University offer, then you can study around your commitments. :thumbsup:

the happy house
26-01-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm working towards my Ba(hons) Childhod and Youth studies degree. The last course I did for this was 'child development'. Very interesting. Thoroughly enjoyed it (although a lot of work!). I did it with the OU.

Best of luck finding a course that suits you.

Goatgirl
26-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi :),
If you would like to do it, there's no harm in investigating different courses. You obviously have a natural 'feel' for the subject and it would be great to go further with your interest: who knows what future opportunities might open up?
Open university courses are gentle and designed for students who may not have studied for a long time. They also do lots of little 'free' modules which you can sign up for and try them out. Its easy to fit around other commitments too as its distance learning. Often with tutor group meetings too :), so there are other people to connect with if you want to...

Or if you'd like to study with other humans :D your local college may do short courses to try things out?

My advice is never say never. If you have a talent in something it can only help boost your confidence to develope it.

I've just started a counselling 'taster' course myself, found I LOVE it, and seem to naturally have some of the core skills... but probably wont persue it too much farther because I've also found out its a huge money commitment ( no funding available ) and would take years to complete part time. Not such a viable option at my age with my finances, but if I'd known how much it would inspire me 10 years ago, I'd have gone for it and be in my dream job by now :rolleyes:

Seriously, go for it. It would be a shame not to at least investigate your source of inspiration. :thumbsup:

Best wishes,
Wendy :)

The Juggler
26-01-2011, 02:12 PM
i agree with Kindertime the FD covers loads of child behaviour.

Once you look into the psychology development of maths, psed, attachment and thinking and understanding you can pretty much figure out a reason for most of their behaviour most of the time.:)