PDA

View Full Version : I sent a mindee home early

Helen Dempster
25-01-2011, 05:44 PM
He is a SCREAMER, big time...when he's told no! From the moment I collected him at 3.10pm until my last mindee came out of school at 3.50pm he screamed in the car at the top of his lungs, real high pitch. There were 3 other children in the car and they were getting so upset by it (one was actually sat right next to him). There is no talking/reasoning with this child (he's 4 years old). Other tantrumers I've had in the past, you can actually talk to them and they finally come out of it if left to get on with it, but this child is a totally different ball game. He was kicking, hitting, gripping on to anything he could cos he didn't want to go in the car (I couldn't physically get him in without really hurting him), thankfully he got in, in the end! The looks I was getting! I had to phone his mum in the end and ask her to come and collect him. Luckily his dad was local so she phoned him and he came and got him (they're separated). It all kicked off because I confiscated his water bottle as he kept swinging and hitting the baby with it, even though I'd asked him not too about 100 times! His behaviour was disgraceful so I explained to him he wouldn't be having his turn on the computer today, and that was that.... He had yucky stuff coming from every orifice but refused to wipe his nose and ended up with all this gooey snotty stuff running all down him and my car (made me feel ill), so I cleaned him up (tempted not too!)

Sorry I've ranted on for so long....but thanks for listening (if you're still there!) :blush:

mamasheshe
25-01-2011, 05:53 PM
oh no having problems with my dd she's 3 and sounds similar (not the snot thing:eek: ) but just not being able to reason with her luckily she doesn't seem to do it for anyone else just me :( sounds like you did fine :thumbsup:

miffy
25-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Nightmare (especially the snot! :panic: ) - thank goodness there was someone local to collect him.

Hope you have a calmer evening :)

Miffy xx

funemnx
25-01-2011, 05:59 PM
You deserve a medal, well done for calling parent in! :)

Helen79
25-01-2011, 06:18 PM
My ds is the same, can't distract or reason him out of a tantrum, just got to carry on with him kicking and screaming until he decides to stop. I can't imagine having to deal with him like that when he's 4 :eek:

Hope you don't have to deal with another tantrum like that again, think you did the best thing phoning the parents. Unfortunately I can't ring anyone to collect my own ds :panic: Really hope he's grown out of it soon.

xdirtydancerx
25-01-2011, 06:27 PM
:thumbsup: Well done for staying so patient. I don't think I'd be that calm haha

Ripeberry
25-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Is he usually like this? Could be acting like a 'Demon' because he is not well.
Yuck, green snot all over car ? :panic: