PDA

View Full Version : How to approach diff situation???

casey's mum
18-04-2008, 08:10 AM
One of my mindees who I have had ft for the past 2 years is due to go to school ft in September. She is currently in school nursery in the afternoons at a diff school to my DD and DS x2 and their schools finish at the same time. I have managed this as if my DH is on shift and cannot collect my own my mother collects them. However I am not happy with this as the reason I became a minder was so I could be there for my kids all the time and not rely on others.
I have forced myself to do this since the LO started nursery as I drop off and collect her so get paid for that time as I am responsible. However when she starts school it will only be after school hours. It not about the money but more the fact that I feel I am letting my kids down for the sake of and hour and a half looking after this mindee after school.
I want to chat to lo's parents about it but don't know how to start. I also dont want them to think that it because the fee will odviously a greatly reduced one when lo starts school.
Lo's older brother goes to a different minder who only does after school so I dont even know if they will still want me to have lo come September or if she will be going with her brother.
Hope this makes sense! Any advice please??

Angela xx

sarah707
18-04-2008, 08:14 AM
I would sit down with parents and ask them if they have any plans for September since, with you picking up your children at a different school, you obviously (and sadly) won't be able to look after their daughter any more.

Suggest that places get filled up really quickly for after-school care and they ought to start looking pretty soon. Say how much you'll miss her and ask if they have any ideas about when her last day will be to please let you know, as you'll be planning a little party for her.

Good luck! :D

Kelly
18-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Hopefully the fact that you have looked after this LO for so long you have a good relationship with the parents. I think I would say that my mother could no longer collect my children and so I would be unable to collect their DD, explain that you need to put the need of your children first. I am sure they will understand. They may then say that she was going to the other childminder after school anyway.

Good luck

Kelly

casey's mum
18-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks for replies. Yeah I have got a great working relationship with the parents and I think this is making it harder.
Deep down I think I know what to say but I feel totally torn in two. Obs my kids come first, I just hate letting people down.

Angela x

angeldelight
18-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I know its difficult and you feel like you are letting them down but if you have got a good relationship with them I am sure they will really understand

Think you are stressing and worrying to much and I think the quicker you sort it out and speak to them the better you will feel for doing it and I really do not think it is going to be that bad - honest !

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

casey's mum
18-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks Angel. I do tend to dwell on things but like you said need to approach the subject sooner rather than later.

Angela xx

mrsbumbles
18-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I actually had a simalar problem to this, i looked after a little girl whose older brother went to a different school, from my daughter, the boys after school club closed and for a while i was running between two schools to collect children, cause one finished 15 mins before the other. It was a real rush :eek:

Eventually i felt this was too much for me to keep doing, so i sat down with the parent, a she descided to change the boys school, so both the children could remain in my care.

Good luck, i am sure they will be understanding :thumbsup:

haribo
18-04-2008, 09:06 AM
you never know she might even be wondering how to break it to you that she wants the lo to go to the other cm so they are together?? she may feel she would be letting you down if she takes the lo away..

casey's mum
18-04-2008, 10:25 AM
I actually had a simalar problem to this, i looked after a little girl whose older brother went to a different school, from my daughter, the boys after school club closed and for a while i was running between two schools to collect children, cause one finished 15 mins before the other. It was a real rush :eek:

Eventually i felt this was too much for me to keep doing, so i sat down with the parent, a she descided to change the boys school, so both the children could remain in my care.

Good luck, i am sure they will be understanding :thumbsup:

LO's and mine finish 5 minutes apart and a 6 mile drive between schools. Is an absolute nightmare! I dread doing school run!
Glad it worked out when you told them, fingers crossed will be ok when I speak to parents!

Haribo.......never know you could be right.....never know with these parents as they are great at not communicating and not letting me know untill last minute! lol

Angela xx

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Did you manage to sort this out Angela

Angel xx

miffy
22-04-2008, 05:31 AM
Sorry I've only just seen this but I agree you need to talk to the mum

Did you manage to speak to her and sort it out

miffy xx

casey's mum
24-04-2008, 08:58 AM
I am still debating whether to speak to them now or leave it for a couple of weeks?
Soz havn't answered sooner but my internet hasn't been working! Grrr

Angela xx