PDA

View Full Version : How was your business after taking maternity leave?

Tippy Toes
25-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Hello

Im getting married in August and really want another baby afterwards :blush:

But Im starting to worry how it may affect my business after I take maternity leave? I would like to take 6 to 9 months leave so will mean having to end all my contracts, although most of them will be ending at the same time as baby would be due as the children will be leaving to start school.

Just scared that I wont be able to get business when I NEED to start back as it has taken me a while to build up my business.

Thanks All :)

Cammie Doodle
25-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I have not had any experience with being off on Maternity leave , but I was off for 6 months after a Hysterectomy,:( my Mindees were placed with 2 other Minders locally on Temporary Contracts and returned to me when I was well enough.:thumbsup: There is always the worry they won't come back to you, but I was very lucky all of mine did :blush:

georgie456
25-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I took 9 months maternity leave when I had DS (he is now 2 and a half)
I work very closely with other local cm's and as I went on leave, another cm was returning from maternity. She had no work, so my mindees went to her while I was off. It worked well for us as it gave her some breathing space to find more permanent mindees and I knew mine would definitely be coming back to me!!! I still saw them all on the school run and at childminding group so the connection with them was still there.
If you can get local colleagues to help it does make life easier!

Good luck!!!!!