PDA

View Full Version : do i need to share info with nursery & reception?

mrs robbie williams
25-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Hi there got my inspection on Thursday and was just reading some posts on this wonderful website, without it i would have given up before id started :)
i noticed some people mention sharing lj's with nurseries? I share information with them such as letting them know if the child is tired feeling unwell, forgotten anything etc., do i need to evidence that???? i have a lo who is 4 who goes to school nursery but all i do is pick her up once a week as only have her on a thursday. I dont think the nursery would be interested in what i do with her? also have a fulltime lo who is in reception and the same with her, i just drop and collect her each day, teacher knows im a childminder. Bit confused please help xx

sarah707
25-01-2011, 07:38 AM
The Eyfs says that we all need to work together for the good of the child.

So yes you do need to try and share with other settings... although depending on the setting it can be hard.

I try to notice things while I'm collecting / dropping such as the topic of the week, snack menu etc and ask the child what he's doing.

Then I note it in his LJ and show how I am providing complementary activities :D

Tink
25-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Is there a form somewhere or letter which we can use to write to nursery? saying who we are etc or have I just dreamed about it?

mrs c
25-01-2011, 08:11 AM
I made my own form which I get parent to sign and hand a copy of it to nursery and school. I seem to think I had got the basics from the Bromley site and adapted it, but have had a quick look and can't seem to see it. It basically states that I have the parents permission for us to share information regarding their child. One assistant at the nursery offered to copy their planning but there were too many sheets and I found it easier to makie notes of what they were doing and incorporating it into my planning.

xdirtydancerx
25-01-2011, 08:21 AM
The Eyfs says that we all need to work together for the good of the child.

So yes you do need to try and share with other settings... although depending on the setting it can be hard.

I try to notice things while I'm collecting / dropping such as the topic of the week, snack menu etc and ask the child what he's doing.

Then I note it in his LJ and show how I am providing complementary activities :D

:thumbsup: I always ask lo's teacher and she's lovely and tells me what there up to but ofsted didn't see that as being 'evidence' they wanted something in writing. Oh well, can't please them all lol

JCrakers
25-01-2011, 09:41 AM
this is something i really cant get my head around..I have a 3yr old who used to be full time (50hrs) but for funding reasons goes to a nursery one day a week. I dont have any contact with the nursery at all and I am expected to share info...it just seems to be something else to worry about. She also attends a preschool one morning a week and apart form saying...shes done this today, shes hurt herself today please sign, shes had a good day...... I am supposed to be recording these things.......:angry:

I reckon Ofsted will be setting up some sort of local blood donor unit soon so they can take blood..........

Rant over..(sorry, not having a good day)

Becky xx

Joda
25-01-2011, 09:50 AM
I use a small note book which is kept in child's book bag. I get the parents to sign giving permission for info to be shared between myself and the nursery.
The 2 nurseries I collect children from are happy to do this (although 1 said they had never been asked to share info with a childminder before!).
They write in the book about themes/topics etc (one of the nurseries had a role play area of a baby clinic last week so with the mindee's help we recreated this at home too).
I write in the book about what we have been doing over the week and any 'wow' moments I have seen.

The parents find this useful too and will often write in the book about what their child has been doing at home so it shows Ofsted that we are all working together.