PDA

View Full Version : Weekend adhoc working

linzi133
25-01-2011, 07:18 AM
I could do with a bit of help.

I've had a parent ask if I could look after her 2 children on weekend on occasion. I don't normally work on the weekend and I wasn't really bothered about doing it. I emailed mum with (what I thought were really high rates) and she's got back to me wanting me!
I've also said that because I don't normally work on the weekend it would be for a trial to make sure it doesn't affect my family too much.

So my question is how do I organise the contract since it is 4 weekends (different days and hours every week) out of 8.
I want to have everything sorted in my head before we meet up to discuss the nitty gritty

Does anyone else work weekends?

The Juggler
25-01-2011, 07:26 AM
if you want to ensure it's worth your while i.e. a min. amount of money per month then I'd put:

Sat and Sunday work for a max/min of xx days per month and x hours per day' Then put the hourly rate in the other part of the contract.

however, if you want to keep the hours to an absolute min. I'd just put ad-hoc hours on Sat and sundays, to be charged as needed at the rate set out in the contract'

Assuming you are using NCMA contracts so you have a nice big space for this??

linzi133
25-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Thanks for that. I am using ncma contracts at the moment. The way you're suggesting seems like a good idea.

I think I would just go down the adhoc route as we don't 'need' the money (it's going to go in the wedding fund)