PDA

View Full Version : Where to begin once i have decided that finally I can be a childminder!!!

Holly1
24-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Hi,

Hope that you are all well and happy :) I am looking to begin as a childminder, I have looked on my local council website and im aware that I need to contact them in order to begin the process, however, im not looking to start operating as a childminder until my house extension is completed......sighhhhhhhh!!!!!! which is looking like september :( im just wondering if there is anything that I can be doing now whilst awaiting for the process to begin? such as completing policies and procedures and looking at resources (implanning on converting my diningroom into a playroom). Any help is much much appreciated.....Thanks so much x x x x

Minstrel
25-01-2011, 08:09 AM
To be honest I would get started now- it usually takes at least 6 months to complete the registration process (with CRB's taking up to 3 months!). My own journey was very slow and it took me 13 months from contacting council to certificate in hand!

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Tippy Toes
25-01-2011, 09:50 AM
As mnstrel has already said I would start the course now as it can take some time to complete everything.

Good luck :)

AliceK
25-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Def get on the next available course and start the process. It can take a long time to get everything done before you are finally registered. Mine took 9 mths.

Good luck :thumbsup:

xxxxx

birch24
25-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Do the course and first aid. crb's take ages. get your head round all the paperwork/observations etc. You can do your portfolio so that once you are registered you can advertise and start :D

There must be other things too. Someone else may think of other things.

Good luck.:D

Mrs Pootle
25-01-2011, 04:35 PM
As the others have said, contact your council and start the ball rolling. I took about 8 months from start to finish. Once you have completed the various courses you can always then delay when you send your application to ofsted if your extension is not finished.
Good luck :)