PDA

View Full Version : help - my heads gone to mush!!

levason
24-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Hey everyone,

I've just got home from my course and my brain is mush, but im having a slight panic.

When ofsted came for my inspection they said I would be registered for 5 children (6 on a day if/when my little boy goes to his cm). On my certificate it says I am registered for 5 children and no more than 2 of these can be in the early years age group, does this mean I can only take on one other child alongside my son or 2 mindees + son, and that my son is not included in the numbers mentioned on the certificate??? Just panicking now as I have one parent for a 9 month old coming to sign a contract friday and another potential parent for a 13 month old coming to look around for a f/t place.xxx

mrs_scottydog
24-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Hi, your certificate takes into account your own children. Therefore you're allowed to have 2 extra in the early years aswell as your own son. Hope that helps. Hx

levason
24-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi, your certificate takes into account your own children. Therefore you're allowed to have 2 extra in the early years aswell as your own son. Hope that helps. Hx

Phew!! Thank goodness for that! thought so but my brain just isn't working and I thought I was going to have to turn away a possible f/t place! xx

LittleStar's
24-01-2011, 09:43 PM
When you say 6 on a day when your son goes to his cm , does it say that on your cert???

levason
24-01-2011, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=LittleStar's;857406]When you say 6 on a day when your son goes to his cm , does it say that on your cert???[/QUOTE

no it doesn't mention that but i've decided I don't want to take anyone on in my sons 'place' iykwim. xx

Minstrel
24-01-2011, 10:31 PM
You can't use your son's place anyway even if he is not with you at that time. Our own children have to be accounted for at all times whether they are physically in your care or not.

I know you said you had decided not to, but thought i would make sure you knew this in case you changed your mind further down the line. :D

levason
24-01-2011, 10:36 PM
You can't use your son's place anyway even if he is not with you at that time. Our own children have to be accounted for at all times whether they are physically in your care or not.

I know you said you had decided not to, but thought i would make sure you knew this in case you changed your mind further down the line. :D

oh right, no i didn't realise that as the ofsted lady said it was okay but im not going to do it ,well can't anyway now,lol! but thats right that i can have 2 early years + my son (only one under 1yr) even tho the certificate says i can care for a max of 5 with no more than 2 in the early years? im getting tired,lol! xx

Minstrel
24-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Yes. You've got it right now!

Usual numbers would be total of 6 with no more than 3 early years children. Your son is taken off completely so your cert just reads how many mindees you can have.

So you must have a preschool child yourself hence your total is 5 with no more than 2 of those being early years.

OFSTED lady either didn't knwo what she was talking about or she didn't make herself very clear.

Hope this helps!

levason
24-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Yes. You've got it right now!

Usual numbers would be total of 6 with no more than 3 early years children. Your son is taken off completely so your cert just reads how many mindees you can have.

So you must have a preschool child yourself hence your total is 5 with no more than 2 of those being early years.

OFSTED lady either didn't knwo what she was talking about or she didn't make herself very clear.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, I swear im not usually this dull but it's been a long night, just been to my final course on the 13 week intro course so getting my portfolio all together and have been given lots of info on becoming accredited so my head is whizzing!! thanks again.xx

Minstrel
24-01-2011, 10:46 PM
It's a lot to grasp so don't worry. We are all still learning as we go... hence the need for this lovely forum!

Things like numbers allowed will just 'click' one day and you'll be here teaching the next newbie how it works!

Take care... Good night!